Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone explain this to me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
If a person doesnt file taxes why do they get in trouble? if we are just getting our money back that we put out through out the year why punish us for not wanting to file? I think its stupid. I havent filed my taxes since 2008..i only would have gotten back like $70-$100 each yr since im a SAHM and only needed/wanted to work around the holidays.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Because you only get back if you overpaid. The point of taxes is to make sure you paid enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Because it is the rules. LOL I really don't know.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Because its the law.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
It is the law... I would file so that it doesn't catch up with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Because some people owe money in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Quoting Megan11587:

Because you only get back if you overpaid. The point of taxes is to make sure you paid enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

dumbass.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Ive never filed taxes. when i worked, i never made enough to file bc i never had a job long enough. next year will be the first year i file

MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My husband and I get a little money back every year, but by no means do we get everything that we paid in. We do our taxes to find out how much we overpaid, and so that the government knows we're not breaking the law by, you know, NOT filing.Not everybody gets the money back that they paid in.

Also, you know that since you didn't may taxes there are penalties? If you get audited, you'll more than likely end up owing money instead of getting anything now.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM

If you don't owe money, you don't have to file by April 15 or file an extension. You will pay no penalties or interest. However, if you don't file within 3 years you will forfeit your return to the IRS. So at this point you have lost your $70-$100 you would have gotten back in 2009. The only thing that might happen if you don't file for years is that the IRS may want do a tax audit. That is not fun At All. Why not file? If you're doing an EZ form, it doesn't even take that long!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)