Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Always the victim

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why do some people stay a victim? Why dwell on things that you can't change or define yourself by your past?

Or forever be the martyr?

I just don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

they haven't learned the tools to make the changes they need ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I think a lot just like the attention they receive.

It is easier to play the victim.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

they haven't learned the tools to make the changes they need ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, its for attention.  I know some people who are always "poor me, poor me" none of the problems in their life are their fault, someone else is always to blame.  And when they do finally do something good or right they did it all on their own with zero help from anyone.(even though thats not the case)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I've noticed that too.

Sad thing is, so many never overcome their perceived injustices and continue the cycle.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, its for attention.  I know some people who are always "poor me, poor me" none of the problems in their life are their fault, someone else is always to blame.  And when they do finally do something good or right they did it all on their own with zero help from anyone.(even though thats not the case)

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I think that some people do do it for attention, others have a hard time coping with what happened. Some also want to spread awareness and help others to be able to get through traumantic experiences. There are a lot of different reasons for that kind of behavior.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Because they have nothing else!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
My mother is this way, it drives me batty. She perpetually looks for perceived injustices and will occasionally make shit up to continue playing the victim. I have distanced myself from her because I just can't handle it. She needs to work on herself and she looks to me to protect and shelter her. I'm just not doing it anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM
That way they don't have to grow up and take responsibility for their own lives. They can keep blaming everyone else for their own mistakes. There comes a time in our lives where we have the CHOICE.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM

My son had a girlfriend who was always the victim. yes...she had bad things happen to her. She was sexually abused, grew up with an alcoholic mother, was an alcoholic herself...always used her past as to why she was the way she was. I understand that. BUT...my son offered numerous times to PAY for her to get help, counseling..whatever it took to help her. She always had reasons not to.  Instead she threw back at him..."YOU dont understand. YOU grew up with normal parents. YOU dont know what it's like".

Why do people refuse help? That, I will never understand.

Needless to say...the relationship didnt last. She was too toxic for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)