Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, you think people that commit suicide are SELFISH???

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you feel this way when a bullied teenager kills themselves? Or a teen that has been raped over and over, then forced to give birth to her rapists baby? Is a 13 yr old girl selfish for killing herself? Would you call your own child selfish for killing themselves?
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I think my father is selfish for killing himself. I don't know anyone else's story, so I can't really say.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I remember being in the car with my mom when I was 15. She talked about how my aunt was selfish for killing herself and leaving 2 children behind. All I said was, both sides are kind if selfish. Then I added, isn't it selfish to ask a person to stay alive, even when seeking help hasn't did anything for them. That's why it's a hard subjects. Both sides can be selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, I would consider my child selfish if she killed herself.
Because my child knows she has family that would die for her to make sure she is happy and has everything she needs.
If she's being constantly bullied at school, and the school is doing nothing, we would transfer her and press charges on the bullies, and the school for doing nothing about it.
If she was raped, we'd kill the bastard/bastards responsible.
If she got pregnant as a result of the above scenario OR even if she was irresponsible and had sex willingly, and wanted to keep the child, adopt the child out, or abort the child- her family would support any decision she made.

As for the situations you mentioned- I would 100% blame the child's parents for not paying enough attention to their child to notice something was wrong, for not caring enough to help their child, and for obviously not giving their child the love they needed to for the child to open up and tell them what was going on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeiberHATER
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I think my father is selfish for killing himself. I don't know anyone else's story, so I can't really say.

My question is do you think that children are selfish?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Different anon, but did you miss this part: "I don't know anyone else's story, so I can't really say." ??
She already answered your question.

Quoting BeiberHATER:

Quoting Anonymous:

My question is do you think that children are selfish?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Yes i do actually
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Yes I would think my child is selfish. I think anyone who takes their life child or adult is selfish. It might make me a cold hearted person to most of you but that is how I feel about it.
Shabbydoll78
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I think most of the time, suicide is the result of mental illness. I can not call someone selfish that commits an act that so goes against our basic human instinct to survive at all costs. To me, suicide is a clear, and obvious indication of a disordered mind. 

I wouldn't call my child selfish for committing suicide. But I would be forever heartbroken. Forever changed. And, If I had so much as an inkling that my child was considering suicide, I would do all in my power to prevent it.

ArisMom208
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Yes, i do. There are much better options out there then suicide especially if you are a mother or father, that's probably the most selfish thing you could ever do. There's help out there for them, they dont need to resort to suicide.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM
No, I don't think they are selfish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)