Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He told me to get rid of the puppy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

So, this morning my dh told me to get rid of the puppy we recently got. Why you ask? Because she was whining in her crate to be let out to go potty and he said that she sounded like a creepy person screaming. Then when I did let her out to go potty I let her wander around the house for a bit while I made my coffee and she kept following him. She was trying to get him to play with her and he said that she was a bad dog for following him. And some other crap about her not being trained.

Um, HELLO asshole, she's 8 weeks old. Of course she's not fully trained yet. It's going to take work to get her trained. She's acting like a puppy. He also got mad at me because I don't think her whining sounded like a creepy screaming person, I just thought it sounded like a puppy who needed to pee....

Yeah, I won't be getting rid of the pup. He's just being stupid. But this does mean that I need to figure out something at night/ in the early morning to keep her quiet.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
10 moms liked this

Get rid of him til the puppy is trained, yes?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
7 moms liked this

Im often surprised how many people in this place shack up with the biggest assholes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

haha, I like that idea. He gets annoyed at our 9 year old dog too, trying to say that she is a bad dog and not trained. But she's trained extremely well. He's just more of a cat person. He only wants to pay the dog attention on his terms and would prefer to just occasionally see the dog.

Good thing I'm the one home the majority of the time and he really doesn't have to do anything with the pets unless he wants to.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Get rid of him til the puppy is trained, yes?

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Take the puppy crate to your room at night?  Get rid of the asshole?

supercarp
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM

You need to give the puppy to a family who will love her, as yours will not. Your dh is a major part of your family and he hates dogs. He may be mean to her. You are part of a couple now and you can't just get a dog that your dh doesn't want. I agree he's being stupid, but you married him, that won't change.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM

You know, he doesn't always exhibit asshole behavior. But he has his moments. I have my moments of being a bit bitchy too. We all do.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Im often surprised how many people in this place shack up with the biggest assholes

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM

omg thats hillarious!!!!!!! wtf! hahahah

omg keep the puppy your dh will have to get used to it. tell him he doesn't have to do anything with her if he doesn't want to :P how silly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Her crate is in our room.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Take the puppy crate to your room at night?  Get rid of the asshole?

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I would rehome the puppy. Obviously he doesn't want it around. No doggy deserves to be unloved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

hahaha, we've been married for 8 years now. Getting the pup was a decision that we made together. He actually encouraged it. My family loves her very much thank you. Dh was just a bit pissed being woken up by the 'creepy screaming puppy'. He's not a morning person. But yeah, his statement ticked me off.

He doesn't hate dogs, just doesn't want to do any of the work that comes with them... and expects them to be 'perfectly trained' almost immediately. But I don't mind him not wanting to do the work, I'm more than willing.

Quoting supercarp:

You need to give the puppy to a family who will love her, as yours will not. Your dh is a major part of your family and he hates dogs. He may be mean to her. You are part of a couple now and you can't just get a dog that your dh doesn't want. I agree he's being stupid, but you married him, that won't change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)