Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got approved for a second yr of benefits! EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 247 Replies
God is awesome!
In feb of 2012 when I had just found out I was pregnant I got laid off. I've been on unemployment since and thought I was done with it. Well I got a letter saying I can apply for one more yr. I called today and got approved!!! That means I can continue to be a SAHM for atleast another yr!

For the record I don't live off the government. I worked for this company many years and they laid me off.

Anyways just wanted to share my excitement

Edit
For all those who critizise me
I just want to tell you all that life taked many turns and nothing but death is secure in life. In the future if you ever get laid off,or your job closes or you get fired you will all remember me. And you will all wish you had my "God" in your hearts so you all can look at things with positivity like iam.cuz most ppl when they lose their jobs they fall into depression and are suicidal but i thank God that i can take this time and iam enjoying my son! I didnt plan this it happened this way.they close companies everyday the ones you least expect to close. Dont spit up cuz itll fall on your face... If you understand it good.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
11 moms liked this
2 years really? It is meant to be for those looking for a job not those sitting on there butts
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I know what that's like! Dh is usually laid off in the winter, and this was our first experience with "overlapping" unemployment start and end dates. I thought for sure he was going to get screwed since we had to reapply also, but he got approved too!

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

What's it to you? The employer pays it and it was their choice to lay off, it is not YOUR money.

Quoting Anonymous:

2 years really? It is meant to be for those looking for a job not those sitting on there butts

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Quoting aandt1999:

pure laziness
sue724
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM
What was your position with your old company?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lacyleanne
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't you have to be actively looking for a job if you're on unemployment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Bravo troll. multi drama post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Quoting aandt1999:

your joking right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I'm not sitting on my butt. I cook.clean take care of my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

MY exdh was on it for 2 years also in the state of NJ. ridiculous. The day it ran out he got another (well paying) job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN