Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Depression and eating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
This is my confession. My way of saying out loud so that I can be honest with myself.
I'm depressed at the moment. Got a lot of issues going on. I'm overweight. And I gorge myself when I'm depressed,sad,stressed. Hell , I even eat to celebrate. Food is my comfort. Has been since I was a kid. I grew up poor, Fast food was a reward. I've been overweight since puberty.
I think I need help. I cook from scratch and try to feed everyone healthy stuff. But that does me no good when I go to town and go through the drive thru and then see how many candy bars I can scarf down on the drive home so no one will know. I'm resisting the strong urge to go to McDonald's right now. Ever seen the episode of Roseanne where Dan cheated on her and they had plenty of money? She drove her new car through every drive thru in town and ordered everything. That is me. I could just drive And eat all day long. It's a nice escape. I need to get a grip.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

No one can save you, but yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh, but its the truth. I'm an emotional eater. I LOVE food, but I can control myself to where I'm not wasting money that could be spent on other things like my children. I would feel much to guilty to do what your doing.

WandaSue
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM

sorry mama. hugs. im an emotional eater as well. it sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I do that with butter noodles. The last time I went to the doctor for my depression he didn't believe me when I said that I will eat an entire pound of butter noodles in a sitting. My dh had to back me up, it was a tad embarrassing. 

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I'm the same way...definitely an emotional eater...I eat when I'm Bored, happy, sad, angry, stressed....I have trained myself to have healthier options available....like right now in my snack drawer at work, I have pistachios and wheat thins..before I would have had chips and chocolate.....its just a matter of training your mind, and making  sure you don't give yourself access to the bad stuff.  It takes time and effort but you can definitely overcome it.

chamamahaha
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Yep that's no good you're gonna end up feeling worst. depression sucks but being fat sucks more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I am an emotional eater it sucks and hard to control!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM
We have money. The kids don't go without a thing. I can see the selfish side of it though, on the aspect thAt I could eat myself to an early death :(

Quoting Anonymous:

No one can save you, but yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh, but its the truth. I'm an emotional eater. I LOVE food, but I can control myself to where I'm not wasting money that could be spent on other things like my children. I would feel much to guilty to do what your doing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
It is hard! I quit smoking years ago. That wasn't hard. But u can't just quit eating cold turkey...you've gotta eat :(

Quoting babyspots17:

I am an emotional eater it sucks and hard to control!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)