Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my first broken bone!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 25 Replies
So sunday morning I stubbed my toe on the metal claw foot on the bathtub. It hurt just like a regular stub. So I let it go. I few hours later it was purple and swollen! Monday morning I go to the er. Yes it's broken. Right at the joint above the nail. Its the toe next to my little one on my left foot.
So the point of all this, my first broken bone and I feel like such a baby because it's just my toe lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moe1521
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I've never broken a bone, but I can imagine that it freaking hurts! I stubbed my toe yesterday on the door jamb and almost started crying :/ haha. Maybe I'm a wuss, but i don't think you should feel like a baby
goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
i broke my pinky toe twice in a row. lol. it looked like a little purple chameleon tail. haha.

i did break my hand last april, omfg, talk about pain!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ariel000000
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Haha it hurt so bad. But I got it right on the metal clAw so I was just like get over it lol no wonder it hurt a little more than the other times hahah
ariel000000
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Omg thts so funny. That's exactly what mine looks like but swollen like a twinkie

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

i broke my pinky toe twice in a row. lol. it looked like a little purple chameleon tail. haha.

kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Feel better soon.

KaysMom06
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

OUCH! Dont feel like a baby, I would probably take it worse than you did lol I hope it heals quickly!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
the first time i broke it, a friend of mine was drunk thinking he was a balance beam champ on a curb lol. hes 6'4 and like 200+lbs... asshole came crashing down like a giant onto my foot as we were walking to the beach. that thing swelled up SO fast... and it hurt SO bad.

Quoting ariel000000:

Omg thts so funny. That's exactly what mine looks like but swollen like a twinkie

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Toes hurt. I still have issues with one I broke about 3 yrs ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a dancer. I broke my toes a grand total of 42 times. And there's shit you can do about it, besides tape it, ice it, and wait it out. Hard to do, when you have to tape up and get back en pointe. Ugh. So glad I don't dance anymore. Breaking in the pointes was hell enough, but dancing on broken toes SUCKED.

ariel000000
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Oh gosh don't tell me that lol. I have it buddy taped and the doctors gave me a low dose narcotic for pain.
How long did yours take to heal? When does the bruising and swelling go away?

Quoting ColleenF30:

Toes hurt. I still have issues with one I broke about 3 yrs ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)