Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So sunday morning I stubbed my toe on the metal claw foot on the bathtub. It hurt just like a regular stub. So I let it go. I few hours later it was purple and swollen! Monday morning I go to the er. Yes it's broken. Right at the joint above the nail. Its the toe next to my little one on my left foot.
So the point of all this, my first broken bone and I feel like such a baby because it's just my toe lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

It was broken in 2 spots and took about 8 weeks to heal. Come to find out it was also dislocated in another spot. My first trip to the ocean in Sept took care of that for me. A wave set me off balance and forced me to roll on my bad foot. It popped and I haven't had an issue since other than arthritis in the toe which acts up when rain is coming. A simple break isn't too bad really. I had fallen forward and bent my big toe back to my foot.

Quoting ariel000000:

Oh gosh don't tell me that lol. I have it buddy taped and the doctors gave me a low dose narcotic for pain.
How long did yours take to heal? When does the bruising and swelling go away?

Quoting ColleenF30:

Toes hurt. I still have issues with one I broke about 3 yrs ago.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Ugh that hurts! I've broken my wrist once and my left pinky finger twice ...it's so crooked now my poor finger lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ariel000000
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Ouch!! I keep getting shooting pains from the break to the tip of my toe! Only like once an hour or if I'm on feet for too long. Like yesterday I went shopping with dh for curtains and two hours in my toe was screaming for relief!

Quoting ColleenF30:

It was broken in 2 spots and took about 8 weeks to heal. Come to find out it was also dislocated in another spot. My first trip to the ocean in Sept took care of that for me. A wave set me off balance and forced me to roll on my bad foot. It popped and I haven't had an issue since other than arthritis in the toe which acts up when rain is coming. A simple break isn't too bad really. I had fallen forward and bent my big toe back to my foot.

Quoting ariel000000:

Oh gosh don't tell me that lol. I have it buddy taped and the doctors gave me a low dose narcotic for pain.

Quoting ColleenF30:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

The more time you are on it, the more you are going to feel it. Be careful of your walking stance. If you alter it to compensate for the toe you may end up with pain in the hips or knees as well.

Quoting ariel000000:

Ouch!! I keep getting shooting pains from the break to the tip of my toe! Only like once an hour or if I'm on feet for too long. Like yesterday I went shopping with dh for curtains and two hours in my toe was screaming for relief!

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting ariel000000:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

LOL  I've broken toes lots of times and have never even gone to the doctor for it, let alone the ER.  All they do it tape it to the toe next to it and tell you to keep off of it.  My first real broken bone came at the ripe old age of 35.  My car door blew shut in a wind gust on my hand.  I broke bones in my right hand, a bone in the wrist, and two of my right fingers.  Unfortunately I had errands to run, so I didn't get it x-rayed or splinted for 4 hours.  It was all kinds of pretty colors at that point.

ariel000000
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm already feeling it in my butt cheek and hip lol

Quoting ColleenF30:

The more time you are on it, the more you are going to feel it. Be careful of your walking stance. If you alter it to compensate for the toe you may end up with pain in the hips or knees as well.

Quoting ariel000000:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting ariel000000:

Quoting ColleenF30:

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I have broken my left foot twice; one break required surgery and several screws to hold it together. I have broken both wrists. The right wrist has a metal plate and several screws holding it together. I have broken my right arm. My left wrist was broken in 3 places. I have broken my left tibia and fibula in the same fall. I have also broken my ribs, nose, and have multiple spinal fractures. Drink your milk; osteoporosis is horrible.

Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I broke the scaphoid bone in my right wrist on my 21st birthday by falling backwards out of a chair .... That was my first broken bone lol
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Stay off your feet as much as you can until it has healed up some. Good luck.

Quoting ariel000000:

I'm already feeling it in my butt cheek and hip lol

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting ariel000000:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting ariel000000:

Quoting ColleenF30:

supercarp
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I have a friend who has broken nearly all of her toes. She must be really clumbsy. I broke a rib once falling off of a horse while jumping and hitting the jump with my back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)