Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So sunday morning I stubbed my toe on the metal claw foot on the bathtub. It hurt just like a regular stub. So I let it go. I few hours later it was purple and swollen! Monday morning I go to the er. Yes it's broken. Right at the joint above the nail. Its the toe next to my little one on my left foot.
So the point of all this, my first broken bone and I feel like such a baby because it's just my toe lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Replies (21-25):
NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I broke the same toe last week (edit: on my right foot, not my left). I feel like such a baby because it didn't swell or turn purple. Then the next day I was bringing in firewood and a wheelbarrow full of 3x6s fell on my ankle on the same foot that my broken toe is on. Hurt like hell, still hurts a little, no bruise.

I broke my nose in HS, and didn't bruise- people didn't believe my nose was broken because I didn't have the black eyes.

I wish I bruised "better" so my injuries were visibly believable LOL

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I broke my first bone last October.. my foot. It hurt so bad I was laying on the floor crying like a baby.. LOL! DH had to carry me. I was so embarrassed, but it HURT! LOL!!! 

ariel000000
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Well this was my first broken bone so I was kinda freakin out lol. I didn't know all they did was buddy tape and send u home. And u are one tough cookie. Those errands must have been really important lol

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL  I've broken toes lots of times and have never even gone to the doctor for it, let alone the ER.  All they do it tape it to the toe next to it and tell you to keep off of it.  My first real broken bone came at the ripe old age of 35.  My car door blew shut in a wind gust on my hand.  I broke bones in my right hand, a bone in the wrist, and two of my right fingers.  Unfortunately I had errands to run, so I didn't get it x-rayed or splinted for 4 hours.  It was all kinds of pretty colors at that point.

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I've never broken a bone
ariel000000
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Me either til sunday!!

Quoting singlemom1208:

I've never broken a bone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)