Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upset doesn't even describe it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My dh had a job change. He started it first of October. He was paid trainee pay which was laughable. Now that he's off training, he is supposed to be making the money that was the reason for us deciding for him to go for it. He's making LESS than his trainee pay. I was shocked when his pay on Friday was $98 (trainee pay was $350/wk) and so far this Friday it's going to be $12. He's a trucker paid by miles, but they are not running him like they said they would, go figure.

We toughed it out when he was in training and barely scraped by. We took out his retirement from the state job to be able to pay the mortgage, but that only paid for Jan and Feb's bills (we were able to pay Nov and Dec because even though he quit the state job in Oct, they still owed him money so he got two additional paychecks). I'm not working because my pregnancy has been high risk from the start so I was let go (c-section is in 8 weeks and I will start looking for another job a couple weeks later).

So much for that promised 40k min. salary they told him about, ha. Upset doesn't even describe the way I'm feeling right now. DH is so optimistic saying that things will work out, that there will be a way to make our March bills (our bills before food is 2500/mo). How is that when we have less than 2 weeks left and you're getting paid 12 bucks this week? I'm trying to stay calm because I dont want to start having contractions again, but this is ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

For help with your utilitiy bills, look up LiHeap in your state. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Well maybe you guys could apply for government assistance until this does work out. 

SwtSnowflake2
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I'm sorry. Did he get it in writing? Usually you need pay and hours in writing. Companies always have loopholes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Also, apply for foodstamps if you have not done so. I am sorry you have this struggle on top of a high risk pregnancy.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM
What trucking company? My df drives, and i have a few other friends that do as well, so i know a fair bit about the industry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phoenixallison
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Sounds like swift or May trucking.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Wow, fingers crossed it was just a mess up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Stevens.

Quoting phoenixallison:

Sounds like swift or May trucking.

MamaOf3091011
by MamaOf4Now09101114 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM

It's not. Theyve had him sitting more than driving since he got off training.

Quoting twinmommy27:

Wow, fingers crossed it was just a mess up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured