Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is VERY unlike me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

So I'm 9DPO and ever since yesterday I have been having weird food aversions at lunch time. I'm an extremely healthy person and my favorite lunch is a whole wheat pita pocket stuffed with fresh spinach, red onions, cherry tomatoes and feta. All topped with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing I make myself. That's my lunch for the week and starting yesterday I just couldn't eat it the thought of it makes me cringe. Instead I'm craving potato salad of all things??? This is VERY unlike me I'm a total health nut and that isn't exactly healthy now lol.. I'm a small person and I never have cravings. Even when I was pregnant before the only thing I craved was cheerios and fruit.

So I took a test and it was negative.

IDK whats causing me to feel like this though..its only during lunch. I'm gonna try and make myself a green smoothie though rather than make potato salad.

Last night I was having BAD back cramps, they were so bad the pain was radiating down my legs. I never have that before AF. I don't get cramps until the day AF hits.

Anyone experience things like this, this early??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

What's 9DPO?

stephiebugg
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

No idea. I have radiculopathy and get pain like that in my legs pretty much daily. It does get worse right before and during my period. Fun.
As for cravings, I'm not pregnant and I crave food sometimes. Maybe just make a low-fat version of potato salad and that'll be that. Sometimes you just have to indulge.   :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What's 9DPO?

Days past ovulation. My period is due in 6 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM
You shouldn't be having symptoms that early. It usually takes about 6 weeks. Good luck though! *baby dust*
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Eat a banana. Sounds like you could be potassium deficient. I craved grape juice (I don't drink fruit juice) in my first month. Good luck!

2under5.mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM
This...

Quoting Anonymous:

What's 9DPO?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting Schmoopi:

Eat a banana. Sounds like you could be potassium deficient. I craved grape juice (I don't drink fruit juice) in my first month. Good luck!

I actually had one for breakfast with my cereal.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The day I missed my period, I started craving orange soda, something I hadnt had in 15 years.

I think it can happen lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM
9DPO is pretty early to test. Try again at 12-14DPO, and see if you get a different result. Sounds like you could be pregnant. That's how I was during my first trimester.
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Not always the case. I was experiencing symptoms at 9dpo and got a positive test at 12dpo.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You shouldn't be having symptoms that early. It usually takes about 6 weeks. Good luck though! *baby dust*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)