Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to put my DS in a State institution

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

My ds9 was diagnosed with Adhd and ODD at the very young age of three. As he gets older the problems get bigger. He is involved in threapy he is on medication, discipline is consistent. he destroys things out of anger and boredom (his bed our truck his toys his siblings toys my walls his clothes) He lies constently and when confronted with the lies he lies even more. He is stealing money, peoples phones, toys from school. takes hours upon hours to finish a simple chore with a whole lot of redirections. When he is punished he slams his head into walls screaming he hates him self he wishes he wasnt born.He fights with his brother and it has started to become physical. This morning when I told him He was not allowed to take toys to school he walked out of the house and called me a stupid bitch. My younger son 3 is starting to mimic his behavior. His Behavior is affecting my relationship with my husband. Im stressed out all the time. I can't cope and often have thoughts of putting him in a state facility and that make me feel guilty. I dont know what else to do to help him. Im afraid for my younger childrens physical safty around him. Please any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Bump!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
join the ADHD/ODD support group. you will get nothing but nasty feedback here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Obviously the therapy isnt working and the discipline isnt consistant. Time to get a different dr and therapist and try other forms of discipline

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Have you done an overhaul on your diets at home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Get him checked out for bipolar and have him medicated for it, it can be lifechanging!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I have a 5 year old son with ADHD and I always worry about his future.  I haven't medicated him yet though.  You said your son is on medication.  I would say take him off the medication immediately.  It is obviously not working and it could be making him even more agitated.  I would start from scratch again.  I would talk to the doctor ASAP.  I am considering trying medication with my son eventually.  But I would never keep my son on anything if it wasn't drastically improving his behavior.  I would start there.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I understand how you feel.  I have days where I literally want to run away because it's so difficult.  Good Luck to you and I pray things will get easier. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Well we dont eat processed foods if thats what your asking

Quoting Anonymous:

LuLuThatsWho
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My opinions about ODD are not going to be beneficial to you, so I'm choosing not to offer much feedback or advice.

I am, however, really sorry for you.  I know that it must not feel good to have thoughts like that about your child, and I'm sorry that it is negatively impacting your other relationships.  I hope that someone can offer you suggestions that will help.

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Hugs, I couldn't imagine momma.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Maybe you could do some research on deficianties.. It's worth looking at.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we dont eat processed foods if thats what your asking

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)