Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby shower for your third baby.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it appropriate?  To be honest, I never really expected one but my MIL is insisting.  It is making me feel a little uncomfortable but she has her heart set on it.  My last child was 5 years ago.  So I am just wondering what is appropriate. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (141-149):
ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Have one and enjoy it! I was thrown a shower for each pregnancy. My first 2 were only a year and a half apart, but first was girl, second was boy. I also gotone for my 3rd, but that was because it was 12 years later! LOL I no longer had any baby stuff, lol!

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I only expected a shower with my 1st child.  I had 3.  I was at the same place of employment with my 1st 2 children, and they gave me a shower for the first one (not the 2nd one) and with my 3rd I was working a different place and they had one for me...but I certainly didn't expect one. But of course I had 3 kids in 4 years.... so my situation was different

The only time I actually hosted a shower for someone with another child was when she got pg after her oldest (and only) was 22, lol!  So when you have 2 decades between kids, sure - another shower is appropriate :-)

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I agree. If someone disagrees they dont have to come.

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Yes, it's more then appropriate.

A baby shower is a time for your friends and family to come together and celebrate a new life, not about gifts and cake. It's about being together and letting mom know that this new addition is loved.

I don't care if a person has babies 9 months apart, every baby should be celebrated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Lol. Clever. Trying to deflect. I'm not bothered. If I was, I would be behaving like you. Bahahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet you sit here and let me and my thoughts bother you.....interesting......

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

That's kind of hypocritical. To lash out with "why do you care". Why do YOU care? Because its a pet peeve? Do you honestly think that sitting here attacking people will resolve anything? Is it making you feel better to lash out with such blatant hostility? Maybe you should learn to not let things get to you so much. Including such minor things such as a baby shower being thrown. You've been incredibly petty and catty. Seriously, chill the hell out. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you care? I hate selfishness and greediness. It's a pet peeve.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Ok I understand that. But why does it bother you so much?

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't read well enough then because I never said EVERYONE and I also mentioned many times that a shower/party to celebrate the life of a baby is great. It's the greediness I see in people is what I don't like. If that doesn't apply to you then I obviously wasn't talking about you.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

I've read most of your responses. Not everyone who gets showers thrown for them expect gifts. I told my good friends not to throw me a shower. We could afford whatever we needed for our baby (they wanted to throw the shower then asked if I had any baby registries for them to shop) I told them not to worry about. We were capable of buying items for our baby. Those women ambushed me with a surprise shower with gifts!! Not everyone who gets showers thrown are greedy bitches that want handouts. I didn't want a shower. But since my last baby was and is my only girl, my friends wanted to buy girl stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol nice try. I have a great life and I love it! And I don't expect handouts from anybody to make it that way :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

below poster is ridiculous and unhappy with life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Regardless.....why should that mean other people should buy you what your baby needs?? I get it that life hands us curveballs but its really selfish to expect others to provide things for your children. You have 9 months to plan and save and figure it out.

Quoting stressedmama24:

Well Dh and I planned properly and he had a vasectomy that came undone after four years. So u really don't know each persons situation so therefore you shouldn't judge like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I really really cannot stand people who say this!

Who cares that you got rid of your stuff! Who cares that you didn't plan on a 3rd! Just because you chose not to plan properly that should mean other people should buy you the things you need?? SMDH

Quoting Diatech12:

My mom is throwing one for our 3rd.

I didnt have one for our first. Had one for second but it was small and put together quickly. We got rid of all our baby stuff after #2 and didnt plan to have a number #3.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Lol your a riot! I like that I can get under your skin :-) it was nice chatting with you. Gotta move on now though. Have a good one!

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Lol. Clever. Trying to deflect. I'm not bothered. If I was, I would be behaving like you. Bahahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

That's kind of hypocritical. To lash out with "why do you care". Why do YOU care? Because its a pet peeve? Do you honestly think that sitting here attacking people will resolve anything? Is it making you feel better to lash out with such blatant hostility? Maybe you should learn to not let things get to you so much. Including such minor things such as a baby shower being thrown. You've been incredibly petty and catty. Seriously, chill the hell out. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't read well enough then because I never said EVERYONE and I also mentioned many times that a shower/party to celebrate the life of a baby is great. It's the greediness I see in people is what I don't like. If that doesn't apply to you then I obviously wasn't talking about you.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

I've read most of your responses. Not everyone who gets showers thrown for them expect gifts. I told my good friends not to throw me a shower. We could afford whatever we needed for our baby (they wanted to throw the shower then asked if I had any baby registries for them to shop) I told them not to worry about. We were capable of buying items for our baby. Those women ambushed me with a surprise shower with gifts!! Not everyone who gets showers thrown are greedy bitches that want handouts. I didn't want a shower. But since my last baby was and is my only girl, my friends wanted to buy girl stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol nice try. I have a great life and I love it! And I don't expect handouts from anybody to make it that way :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Regardless.....why should that mean other people should buy you what your baby needs?? I get it that life hands us curveballs but its really selfish to expect others to provide things for your children. You have 9 months to plan and save and figure it out.

Quoting stressedmama24:

Well Dh and I planned properly and he had a vasectomy that came undone after four years. So u really don't know each persons situation so therefore you shouldn't judge like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares that you got rid of your stuff! Who cares that you didn't plan on a 3rd! Just because you chose not to plan properly that should mean other people should buy you the things you need?? SMDH

Quoting Diatech12:

I didnt have one for our first. Had one for second but it was small and put together quickly. We got rid of all our baby stuff after #2 and didnt plan to have a number #3.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
It's "you're". You're projecting your own issues. You never got under my skin. It's just weird to see someone get so worked up as you have. "I hate selfishness and greediness. It's a pet peeve". You're trying too hard to be nonchalant about the whole thing, but admitted your strong feelings towards the op.
you also said you were posting your last response awhile ago. I'm thinking you're just trying to bow out because your pride was hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol your a riot! I like that I can get under your skin :-) it was nice chatting with you. Gotta move on now though. Have a good one!

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Diatech12:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yup. My pride is hurt. I'm really upset. I got crazy worked up and I need some time now breath and calm down. Please allow me proper time to regain my strength and we can continue later if you would like.

:-p

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

It's "you're". You're projecting your own issues. You never got under my skin. It's just weird to see someone get so worked up as you have. "I hate selfishness and greediness. It's a pet peeve". You're trying too hard to be nonchalant about the whole thing, but admitted your strong feelings towards the op.

you also said you were posting your last response awhile ago. I'm thinking you're just trying to bow out because your pride was hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Diatech12:

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Every baby deserves a shower.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
At least you're being honest now. Using the word hate, yeah... It's funny watching you trying to brush off how upset you were. Because you know, you Were so hell bent on telling us all how much you hated it when people asked for gifts. Funny shit man. Yeah go pop a Prozac or whatever it is those with bi polar take. You need it. Or maybe a tranquilizer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup. My pride is hurt. I'm really upset. I got crazy worked up and I need some time now breath and calm down. Please allow me proper time to regain my strength and we can continue later if you would like.

:-p

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Diatech12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN