Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you give your 9yr old....

Posted by   + Show Post
A small decaf mocha from starbucks? My son wants to try one, but was wondering if anyone thought he may be to young for coffee even though it would be decaf! What do you all think?
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Replies (101-106):
koley05
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Quoting Texascandee:

He's YOUR child, do YOU think you should give it to him?  So if 100 mommas said yes, give him one and 50 said no, what would YOU do?  It irritates the hell out of me when a mother asks total strangers if she should do this or that with her kid........

just shut the hell up if you're going to be rude!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM
My kids are 10&8...they have a tall drink from there every Friday...non decaf...
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just make him one at home.  Decaf coffee, about three TBSp half and half, two table spoons of a good cocoa mix, then top with whiped creme and chocolate sauce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I wouldn't. It's not healthy even if it has no caffeine. The hot chocolate is awesome though. Get him one of those. He doesn't need bad habits starting early.
koley05
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't. It's not healthy even if it has no caffeine. The hot chocolate is awesome though. Get him one of those. He doesn't need bad habits starting early.

it's to late, we just got back. He got a decaf vanilla frappe with whipped cream and Carmel. Another member suggested it lol.
artistmom27
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I can't, the reaction to caffeine is ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN