Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 annoying things parents of school age kids do!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

I read this article and got pissed. My child is only 3, but this is a bitchy list.

1.Send sick kids to school. Yes, I know parents work (I do!), and I know that it's hard to figure out care for them if you can't take off, but seriously, if your kid has a fever or uh, HEAD LICE, you're putting other kids at risk. Keep them home!

2.Don't follow the classroom rules. When a memo is sent that no candy is allowed for school celebrations, like Valentine's Day for example, please follow that rule. Why not feed your own kid all the Fun Dip that you sent in? Or better, I'll send my kids to your house after they've eaten it all.

3.Let them wear costumes. Do you realize how hard I have to try to get my kids to not wear ridiculous things to school? It's a daily battle. So when you let your kid wear a Spiderman outfit to class, I get to hear all about it for weeks and weeks.

4.Let little girls wear high heels. Call me a "fuddy-duddy" but shoes with more than an inch heel on girls that are under 10 seems to be a poor decision, not just because really? do little girls need to wear shoes like that? but it's also not safe. Please stick to the good-old Mary Janes or sneakers!

5.Pack crazy lunches. Whether it's piles of candy or those ridiculous bento-style lunches with fancy shaped sandwiches, enough already! Cookie cutters are for cookies; not strawberries cut in pretty shapes. I'm tired of hearing how boring my sandwiches and baby carrots are.

I agree with 1,2, and 4.

#3- I will dress my child in whatever the hell I want. Other parents are lucky I don't let him decide or he'd go naked.

#5- I can't cut my kids sandwich into an airplane because you didn't have time to and your kid will get jealous?

Your thoughts?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I agree with 1.2. and 4. Like you my DD will dress in whatever she wants as long as it is right for the weather and well I will pack whatever lunch my DD wants. #1 is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

numbers 3 & 5 are dumb

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I am with you, my kid will wear whatever we decide is acceptable... and I don't know too many elementary aged kids who want to wear costumes to school. Preschoolers, yes..... 3rd graders not so much!

SnarkyMama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I actually agree with 3.  I totally understand that it's easier and not a big deal to just let them wear the costume.  But I have a 3 year old that lives in a spiderman costume; like he does't understand the one day boundary.  I can't have him wearing it daily.  He just can't.  I know it's whiney, but when your kid does, it doesn't just make it a little hard for me, it makes it damn near impossible to win this battle.  And while I can't change what you send your kid to school in; I do judge you severely. 

5 Is just kinda dumb.  I have many other much more worthy complaints.  Like moms' that let their 5 year old wear bras and show them off.....

Mama to Andrea- 2007 and Jackson-2009
teal ribbonI am a Previvor! (my blog)  pink ribbon

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I agree with 1-4 Allowing kids to wear costumes is distracting to other kid and it just stupid and against most rules in books.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I love cute lunch ideas. There was a website I use to go to that gave me ideas. It just made lunch time fun.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I do #5 my kids love it. I don't care what other patents think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2mms
by Kristin on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I agree with 1-4

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Yawn. If I didn't send my child to school with a runny nose, cps would be at my door and the school would take me to court. I think my child has had a mild cold more days then she's been perfectly healthy this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I agree with you. Classroom rules, sick kids and inappropriate clothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured