Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You should really know what you're talking about before calling CPS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

So guess who just left my house? Child Protective Services. Yeah. Backstory: about a week ago I made a post on facebook "It sucks having no running water" A family member in another state said 'Yeah, that would suck!' Then yesterday she followed it up with 'You have water yet?' And I said no. So she called CPS.

So CPS didn't waste any time because we have a 17 month old child. They read the report to me, and asked for an explanation. So I took them outside, and down the street, to where the city well is. There are backhoes, drillers, etc. sitting there. Thanks to the severe drought that has plagued my part of the country, our well ran dry. They are having to drill an additional 600 feet to hit water again. The mayor (once I called him and told him to get his ass over here and explain this to these folks) told them we're (the city) applying for an emergency grant to complete the project since the city has run out of money. He politely suggested to them they get the hell out of our town and get on back to the county office and light a fire under the bureaucrats.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Thats crazy, hope yall get water soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTyff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
So sorry they did that to y'all!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM

That is nuts. What did the worker say??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM

The mayor just runs right over to your house in the middle of the day?  Do you live in a town of 250 people? lol

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Family can be just plain out ASSHOLES. Don't even trust anyone. Don't post anything like that babe, seriously. My situation is hard, too. We have an autistic son. Prior to his diagnosis our family kept calling CPS on us because he had potty accidents...ugh.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Are you going to confront your family member?
Schmoopi
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Your family member is AWESOME! In no uncertain terms, I would VERY PUBLICLY let her know why you don't have water and thank her for her concern. You know, the concern she showed when asking you for details?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

what a nice family member... not. hope you get water soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

No, not nearly that big. As of 2010 census, the population was 84. But we've had 6 deaths and 4 births. And yeah, he did, he was just behind the house on his tractor getting ready for planting.

Quoting Anonymous:

The mayor just runs right over to your house in the middle of the day?  Do you live in a town of 250 people? lol

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Bah. That sucks. I hope you running water soon. To hell with your family calling cps. I hope you confront them and get them out of your life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured