Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will My Hubby Be Miserable if We Have a Girl??????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

Soooo, I don't know if I have a legit concern, or if its my hormones or if it's my BPD in overdrive, but my DH has been expressing how much he MUST have a boy. I am pregnant with my 3rd, his 2nd, and our 1st together. I have a boy and a girl, he has a girl, that he sees every other weekend. Not only does he go thru ups and downs of interest in the pregnancy, but he was expressing how much he NEEDS to have a boy. And that his girl is his only princess (her and I don't get along by the way) but it's the way he says it. Like no other girl will compare to his "princess" and quite honestly, it upsets me. ( I can give a good shit if you all say I am being insecure, ect) I believe I have a relevant concern. Suggestions or has anyone been thru this EXACT situation? Thank you :)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but that is very strange. I would have huge concerns about his attitude and what sounds like favoritism towards his oldest child. You can discuss it with him but I would suggest you decide for yourself how much you are willing to tolerate and what your feel your children should be subjected to in their home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

that's weird. but im sure, as with his dd, as soon as he sees that little face he will fall in love and you will have nothing to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

thats exactly what I was asking. Am I out of line? Or am I over reacting? I am so angry and unfortuantly and honestly, it's making me resent my SD

Quoting 1likeme:

Sorry but that is very strange. I would have huge concerns about his attitude and what sounds like favoritism towards his oldest child. You can discuss it with him but I would suggest you decide for yourself how much you are willing to tolerate and what your feel your children should be subjected to in their home.

Bianca008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Her will be fine, and if it bothers you so much tell him if it's a girl it's his fault anyways, men determine sex of a child.

Once he see the baby he will love her.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
This.

Quoting 1likeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

well, the baby's gender is up to the male, so if he doesn't get what he wants it is his fault :P

mary841108
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM

DH and I wanted all boys (i know we are freaking crazy) well, we have 1 boy 1 girl. I cried when the ultrasound tech said "girl" NOO! i wanted all boys, dh said the same. well as soon as she was born she had us both wrapped around her itty bitty finger, yes we wanted all boys but now that we have one of each, we see how completely lucky we are and wouldnt change it for anything. IF your dh refuses to bond with the new baby because it ends up being a girl, then you married a piece of shit scum sucker and you need to get a divorce, and I am usually all for counselling, but when it comes to kids some shit isn't tolerable.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I would remind him that he is the one responsible for the jiggly bits. You bake the cake, but he makes the batter.  And yes, I would say it just like that. If he is going to continue makiing stupid statements, you get to talk to him as if he is stupid.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
You need to sit him down and tell him how it makes you feel. I probably wouldn't add the fact that you resent his sd a bit.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats exactly what I was asking. Am I out of line? Or am I over reacting? I am so angry and unfortuantly and honestly, it's making me resent my SD

Quoting 1likeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Well, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, although I'm not sure he deserves it. 

He may want a boy and most men do at some point. But I'd hope that when the baby is born and if it's a girl. He'll fall in love with her. He is her father, and she would be just as much a princess to him as his first child. Some men can't really "love" the baby until it's born. 

Hopefully, since he seems to love his first dd so much, that his fatherly instinct will kick in when he sees his second dd. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured