Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you getting this too?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I go to check my refund status, it simply says that my refund is still being processed. It doesn't come up the timeline looking thing anymore at all. It says that a date will be given to me when one becomes availible for me to get my refund.

I filed on the first of this month, and still haven't gotten mine back. My tax lady does't even know why I haven't gotten it back yet.

Is it doing that to you when you check on yours?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (21-28):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Nope. Only the EIC for having a child.

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Do you owe any student loans?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I have been thinking of doing that myself. There is no reason why mine should be taking this long. Last year I got mine back within 2 weeks! It's been damn near 3 weeks now, and still not a damn thing!

Quoting jenmomx3:

Im not sure, but I was checking everyday...I would say between five days and a week...I had actually started getting worried.  I even called the treasury department to see if I had an offset that would prevent my taxes from coming.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long after that message popped up did it tell you a date? I just noticed this message early yesterday, and its been the same since.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Mine did that for awhile.  I filed on the 4th and first I had the time line, then the message that you are getting. Over the weekend it FINALLY gave me a date.  I should have mine on the 21st.

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I was the same way.  It has never taken me this long to get income taxes.  Two of my kids are born on Feb 9th, and I have always had my refund in time to do a big party for them...every year except this one!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been thinking of doing that myself. There is no reason why mine should be taking this long. Last year I got mine back within 2 weeks! It's been damn near 3 weeks now, and still not a damn thing!

Quoting jenmomx3:

Im not sure, but I was checking everyday...I would say between five days and a week...I had actually started getting worried.  I even called the treasury department to see if I had an offset that would prevent my taxes from coming.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long after that message popped up did it tell you a date? I just noticed this message early yesterday, and its been the same since.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Mine did that for awhile.  I filed on the 4th and first I had the time line, then the message that you are getting. Over the weekend it FINALLY gave me a date.  I should have mine on the 21st.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

So based off your experience, by the end of the week, I should have heard something, right? What did they tell you when you called the treasury?

Quoting jenmomx3:

I was the same way.  It has never taken me this long to get income taxes.  Two of my kids are born on Feb 9th, and I have always had my refund in time to do a big party for them...every year except this one!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I think the max amount of time it is supposed to take if you are getting a direct deposit it three weeks...if three weeks have passed then I would call the irs.  When you call the treasury office, its an automated system.  You put in the same info that you put on the "where's my refund?" thing.  Then it tells you whether or not you have an offset.  For me it said something like "there is no offset at this time"

Quoting Anonymous:

So based off your experience, by the end of the week, I should have heard something, right? What did they tell you when you called the treasury?

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Friday will be 3 weeks. I may swing by my tax lady's office when I go into town to pick up my dog from the vet......she may be able to tell me more about it. Hell I'll just call her really quick. Thanks so much for the info!

Quoting jenmomx3:

I think the max amount of time it is supposed to take if you are getting a direct deposit it three weeks...if three weeks have passed then I would call the irs.  When you call the treasury office, its an automated system.  You put in the same info that you put on the "where's my refund?" thing.  Then it tells you whether or not you have an offset.  For me it said something like "there is no offset at this time"

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM

No problem!! Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Friday will be 3 weeks. I may swing by my tax lady's office when I go into town to pick up my dog from the vet......she may be able to tell me more about it. Hell I'll just call her really quick. Thanks so much for the info!

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jenmomx3:

MarineWife2612
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Mine is too. But when I called my mother-in-law, our accountant, she said their backed up so it may take longer than usual
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN