Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this true for you? Teaching your kids about homosexuality

Posted by   + Show Post
According to a national survey of mothers of three to six year olds, one in five mothers teaches her young children that homosexuality is wrong.

The same survey showed that parenting reflects the dominant ideology, in which homosexuality is treated as a rare exception.

Most parents assume that their children are heterosexual; only one in four even consider whether his or her child might grow up to be gay or lesbian.

(K. Martin, 2009)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (231-237):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Ha no. Im convinced my 1 year old is gay. He goes straight for all the girly stuff lol
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Why do you feel bad for her kids? Because she has different beliefs than yours? Smh. YOU are the type of person that give Christians a bad name.

Quoting Anonymous:

She can't but I'm sure she will come back with something stupid. I feel bad for her kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Prove there's not..

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, there is no god.  Prove there is.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a God, you just don't know it. I figured you didn't believe in God, which is why you can't understand that mom's stance on it. If you don't share her beliefs, then you won't get it. That was what I wanted to get at.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I put 'god' in quotes because there is no god. He is 'your' god, not mine.  As far as I'm concerned, the bible is a work of complete fiction.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe he told the men what write, yes. Why did you put God in parentheses?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Are you trying to tell me that 'god' wrote the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

The bible is a book written by men? According to whom? You?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Supposed to?  According to whom?  The bible?  A book written by men?

Quoting Anonymous:

No I teach my son the way I believe. He is very loved and will be loved regardless, but I don't believe in teaching them about it. They are supposed to marry women and my daughter a man one day. One day when they are grown and decide different that's fine.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amberstars
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Homosexuality goes against our personal and religious beliefs so they will be taught it's wrong and a sin. Homosexuality isn't allowed in Islam.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:17 AM
She's the one going around barking at people who don't agree with her crying wolf "your the reason why my kids will be made fun of" she took everything completely out of context so yea she's a little looney. She's a hypocrite. I'm not a Christian either so nice try.

Quoting Megan11587:

Why do you feel bad for her kids? Because she has different beliefs than yours? Smh. YOU are the type of person that give Christians a bad name.

Quoting Anonymous:

She can't but I'm sure she will come back with something stupid. I feel bad for her kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Prove there's not..

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, there is no god.  Prove there is.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a God, you just don't know it. I figured you didn't believe in God, which is why you can't understand that mom's stance on it. If you don't share her beliefs, then you won't get it. That was what I wanted to get at.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I put 'god' in quotes because there is no god. He is 'your' god, not mine.  As far as I'm concerned, the bible is a work of complete fiction.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe he told the men what write, yes. Why did you put God in parentheses?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Are you trying to tell me that 'god' wrote the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

The bible is a book written by men? According to whom? You?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Supposed to?  According to whom?  The bible?  A book written by men?

Quoting Anonymous:

No I teach my son the way I believe. He is very loved and will be loved regardless, but I don't believe in teaching them about it. They are supposed to marry women and my daughter a man one day. One day when they are grown and decide different that's fine.

artistmom27
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Same here...

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

We teach our son that families come in all shapes and forms, and that they are all "normal"

achorney
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM

For years, i was convinced my son is gay. i don't know why. I'm not concerned, but i always let him know it's okay to be who he wants.

He's older now, almost a teenager, and has recently told me, "Mom, I like girls. Not that there's anything wrong with boys, but I like girls."

Truly, I had no idea, but it is cute.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
We believe it is wrong, and teach our children the same. We don't hate anyone, we just feel it is not morally acceptable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)