Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year old birthday parties???

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas for my daughters birthday theme??

She is turning 2. She really likes Doc Mcstuffins, Minnie Mouse, and kittens. Any ideas on what I could do for her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Minnie Mouse is probably the easiest out of the bunch to decorate for. Have you checked Pinterest yet?

the.warden
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I have and I found some real cute ideas. I can't seem to find much in stores around here. Didn't really want to go all out until she fully understands but I did want to have a few little things for her though
nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
We did minnie mouse bowtique for youngest dd's 2nd bday in sept.
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Usually what we do is we go "semi all out"

We get a banner, cake plates, (and we do pinata and pinata bags but DH is Hispanic so its a family thing), and a couple decorations in the theme, and from there, we get everything else in the color scheme to go with them so we save some money but still have a theme attached!

Quoting the.warden:

I have and I found some real cute ideas. I can't seem to find much in stores around here. Didn't really want to go all out until she fully understands but I did want to have a few little things for her though

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I'm planning on doing a minnie mouse theme for my daughter's 2nd bday in May. I'm going to make these Minnie mouse marshmallow pops, and dress her up as minnie mouse =]

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I just had my ds' 2 yr party yesterday! I blew up a lot of balloons and they had fun just chasing them around! I made a paper mache pinata and all the kids had fun whacking it. Also made sensory bottles for the kiddos. Ours was an undersea theme so I put water with blue food coloring, some small plastic sea creatures, and baby oil in a bottle then hot glued the lid on. They loved them! You could do something similar with pink water and maybe some glitter? I also highly recommend Pinterest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Hello kitty is what I did for my girls back in Oct. Have fun with whatever you do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting nomadbrat83:

We did minnie mouse bowtique for youngest dd's 2nd bday in sept.

do ypu have pic's you can post ?

tab022308
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM

We did Minnie Mouse for dd 2nd birthday but did the red dress Minnie Mouse not pink dress..doc would be cute but you would have to get creative as their isn't much decoration wise out there because its so new..dd was doc mcstuffins for Halloween I had to do it all from scratch other than the doctor bag and I got lucky with that thing.

tab022308
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM

This was the cake table back drop

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN