Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It HURTS! *pics*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Five weeks ago, I cleaned the bath tub with Ajax and *stupidly* did not wear gloves.  The bleach burnt my hand pretty bad.  It has hurt for FIVE weeks now, and looks better than it did but just will NOT heal.  My hand is still swollen, red and gets little cracks in it that bleed.  I went to the Dr, and they gave me a cream...the cream sucks.  I keep lotion on it, and neosporin...but it will not heal!  Tomorrow I will be making a trip back to the dr.  BUT until then, I was just looking for advice or personal experience with bleach burn.  I just hurts SO much STILL!  UGH. 

Here are pics.  My left hand had a little bit of burn on my thumb and index finger, and my right hand is covered.  The pictures don't do it justice...it is RED!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brebugmom91
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Oh wow. Idk hun. I hope it feels better soon though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Ugh. Sorry. I've had my hands get irritated from bleach and crack and such but it always cleared in a few days.
emilee1994
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Have you tried vaseline? It looks kind of like my hand when it gets really dry in the winter... When my hand gets that bad, i rub vaseline all over them and then I wear socks on my hands to bed. Sounds silly, but it works. Not sure if it will help with bleach burn, but it might be worth a shot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

maybe coconut oil of even olive oil 

supercarp
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

slather vaseline all over your hands, put on cotton gloves and go to bed. In the morning your hands will feel better.

RarelyALazyDay
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Did you try using an aloe or that burn spray?  I would give those a try and maybe just use aqua fore as your lotion.  There is no scent that could bother it any more than it is.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Thanks

Quoting brebugmom91:

Oh wow. Idk hun. I hope it feels better soon though.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I got chemical burns from the vinyl (sp?) gloves. It looked like yours. I just kept lotion on them and at night and every chance I got, I wrapped my hands with a cold wash cloth and ace bandage. It kept my hands moist through the night and it went away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

ouch!!! looks like it hurts.... sorry I have no advice. Feel better soon!!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I am going to try that tonight.  Thanks.  I am deserate!

Quoting emilee1994:

Have you tried vaseline? It looks kind of like my hand when it gets really dry in the winter... When my hand gets that bad, i rub vaseline all over them and then I wear socks on my hands to bed. Sounds silly, but it works. Not sure if it will help with bleach burn, but it might be worth a shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured