Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Texas Teen Wins Right to Give Birth Over Parents’ Objections

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm curious as too what everyone's thought on this would be.

I'm completely pro-choice and feel no one has the right to try to persuade anyone including their daughter to get an abortion.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/02/texas-teen-wins-right-to-give-birth-over-parents-objections/

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think no girl should be forced to have an abortion bit no parent should be forced to give their child a car or pay half the medical bill for her having said baby.

That part is ridiculous to me.

They didn't make that baby they ahoudlnt be responsible for half of its care
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Her parents must provide her with a car and pay half her medical bills

Quoting jynkx:

did she also win the right to support it herself?  just curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I am not sure what texas laws are, but in some states, yes the parents have to support their teen and grandchild until the teen is 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

I choose not to judge others based on their reaction to a given situation. I have no clue what I would do in their shoes.

That being said, she's more than welcome to do whatever she pleases. That doesn't mean her parents have to support her and the baby financially. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree to a point.

A car and a phone are luxuries. I don't agree with the judge ordering her parents to give them back since odds are they pay and pay for both.

Its also not her parents job to pay for this baby's birth.

If.that's the case then divide their half with the baby's fathers parents
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'm glad that she doesn't have to abort however the parents shouldn't have to pay for any of the medical needs and if the teen isn't paying for the car or cell the parents should be able to take those things away. She obviously broke their rules and as their child they should be able to punish her for that but not my forcing her to kill her child.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Wtf? So the parents will now be forced to pay for her irresponsible actions?
I don't agree with this at all.
I thought this was going to be something like the teen had a job and some money saved up and could support herself. Idk. But I do not think the parents should have to pay anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Like hell I would take care of my minors grandchild. Fuck that shit. The two shitheads who created it will pay for it..

If the girls parents have to then make that boys parents pull their weight..for it was their son who poked their daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not sure what texas laws are, but in some states, yes the parents have to support their teen and grandchild until the teen is 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

I choose not to judge others based on their reaction to a given situation. I have no clue what I would do in their shoes.

That being said, she's more than welcome to do whatever she pleases. That doesn't mean her parents have to support her and the baby financially. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
What about the boys parents? Why are they not responsible for shit?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

wow. her parents suck. I would never do that to my kids and I would have acted the same way if my parents had ever done something like that.

aimhawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I would support my daughter with any choice SHE made. Those people are ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN