Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How clean is YOUR house right now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I desperately need some tips or motivation to clean my house!! I don't really know where to start...Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed and just want to start throwing a bunch of shit away so I don't have to clean all the time! Anyone else feel this way?! How clean is your house? POST PICS TO GIVE ME SOME MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (131-140):
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

The best motivation is to invite company over... you'll get the house cleaned really quick! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM

good idea!!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

The best motivation is to invite company over... you'll get the house cleaned really quick! 

auntietotty
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Mine's pretty decent.

I have dishes in the sink with hot soapy water right now but will get to them soon. I swept the kitchen, dining room and bathroom today, cleaned the bathroom, did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned mirrors and other glass surfaces. Still need to vacuum the living room and hallway.  I might mop too.

My house is never what I consider "messy".

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Sounds like you have a VERY clean home to me!!!! 

Quoting auntietotty:

Mine's pretty decent.

I have dishes in the sink with hot soapy water right now but will get to them soon. I swept the kitchen, dining room and bathroom today, cleaned the bathroom, did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned mirrors and other glass surfaces. Still need to vacuum the living room and hallway.  I might mop too.

My house is never what I consider "messy".

Aquamom25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM

The kids clean their rooms daily and I go into them once a week to vacuum, dust, and do laundry.  I keep the kitchen clean at all times.  I cannot stand dirty dishes in the sink or for the dishwasher to be full all the time.  My bathrooms get swept and wiped down daily and I scrub them throroughly every Wednesday.  I dust every other day and no longer allow toys in the living room or any main part of the house because I got tired of having to fight with the kids to pick them up.  While the kids do school work, I make sure the biggest part of the house is cleaned.  They have chores too such as trash and shoveling snow.  

Kitschy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I cook every day. I clean as I go. I wipe counters and do dishes while I cook. My kitchen stays clean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay seriously how do you only clean your kitchen a couple times a week? Do you not cook? I have to clean mine every day several Times A day sometimes... depending on how much I'm cooking.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

this pretty much for me. I have never had a dirty house.

I may have toys in the living room on a day when I am in a good mood lol- it is rare for me to allow them to play in the living room with their toys

Quoting Kitschy:

My house is never messy, so cleaning is easy for me. I clean the bathrooms on one day, I clean the kitchen a couple times a week. I vacuum once a week. I only spend a few minutes to an hour a day and my house always looks great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Some of us don't have a bunch of stuff. I could stop cleaning my house for weeks and no one would notice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Either that is a lie or you have never had an unexpected situation come up that makes keeping your house clean not a priority. Like a hospitalized child or spouse or the entire family hit with the stomach bug at the same time or just a crazy busy week when you literally don't have the time or energy at the end of the day.

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with keeping your house clean, and we all should. But, to say it has never gotten away from you makes you sound either very young or very stuck up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always keep up. We eat lunch, I clean. They play, we clean. I have never let it get out of hand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermillerMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Mine is so-so.  It's very small so I don't have a lot of room for storage or organization but it's at least clean. I just started babysitting for a family and they are DISGUSTING! It really made me look at my house in a different light.  Now I know it's not as bad as I think.  You know what else helps?  Watch episodes of Hoarders and you'll start purging everything.  

I also subscribe to the Fly Lady dot net.  She has a lot of practical cleaning tips and breaks them down into managable steps.  

Don't worry too much!  It's never as bad as you think it is. 

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Eh, there is laundry to do, my kitchen looks like bomb went off and my bedroom is a disaster area.
The kitchen is on hold because my dishwasher is currently running. I forgot to start it before bed, proceeded to make lunch this afternoon, went to load the dishwasher and realized it was full.
Laundry is waiting because I just don't feel like moving right this second and my room is horrendous because I just unloaded all my husbands crap out of his car. I'll tackle it when the baby takes her nap.
Other than those 3 things my house is clean.
I'll give you some motivation pictures when the dishwasher is done lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha! I've done that before. Unusually right after we move in because my husband drags his feet with unpacking. So I invite someone over a d he busts his butt and unpacks everything.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured