Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How clean is YOUR house right now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I desperately need some tips or motivation to clean my house!! I don't really know where to start...Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed and just want to start throwing a bunch of shit away so I don't have to clean all the time! Anyone else feel this way?! How clean is your house? POST PICS TO GIVE ME SOME MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Replies (171-176):
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

It is pretty clean. I have a load of laundry to fold, a few dishes in the sink, my desk needs to be cleaned off, and I should mop the kitchen. None of that is happening tonight though. Tomorrow I will get to that stuff. The kids will have to finish cleaning the playroom and my DH will have to hoe out the area around his chair and end table. I am working on the clutter but we have a small, old house so storage is very limited.

Mommy2Phenley
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I'm no help. My house is a big mess right now. I have an injured shoulder and I basically can't use my right arm. What little I can do I have to reserve for taking care of my baby. Even one handed stuff gets hard by the end of the day because my left is so sore from babying my right.

So motivation for you is to clean now while you still can! Imagine you will injure yourself tomorrow, is this how you want your house to look going into a period where you can't do much to it each day? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I always put my headphones in and BA BAM! Mama is motivated! I just be shaking it all around the house getting my chores done ^_^

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm a 4-time FlyLady drop-out, because something always happens to throw off my routine (school vacations, research papers, sick kid). I keep up with the laundry and dishes daily and deep clean once per week. The kid's rooms are their own problem, and dh has him own room now, too because I can't keep up with his clutter anymore.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
We are remodeling two bathrooms and our laundry room, it looks like a construction zone, without cute construction workers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ginger813
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM

other than my kids' toys cluttering up the living room floor right at the moment, my house is pretty clean (no, I'm not going to post pics of my house to a bunch of strangers, sorry). I can't stand having things dirty/messy. With 3 young kids (ages 7, 5 and 2), it does tend to get a little messy sometimes, but for the most part, my house is pretty clean. My tip for you... make your kids clean up after themselves. Even my 2 year old puts his own toys away. Also, my older 2 kids each have chores to do each day, aside from cleaning up their own rooms and things that end up in the living room and kitchen (Like putting dishes away after I wash them, putting away their laundry after I fold it, etc). I spend just a couple of hours a day working on cleaning the house. If you keep it clean, rather than wait for it to get out of control and then clean, it's not so overwhelming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)