Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

First date- What would you do in this situation?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You've had a great 4th date with a handsome guy. As far as you know, he is only dating you and not being intimate with anyone else. For this date, you decided to have dinner at his house. This man/woman lives alone and you're 100% sure he doesn't have any room mates. In the middle of the date, you excuse yourself to use the bathroom. While using the bathroom you notice a used condom in the garbage pail and it's evidently fresh. Dinner has not yet been served. What do you do?

ETA: He has claimed since meeting, that he has been celibate 7 years and is not sexually active.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

He claimed he's been celibate for over 7 years

Quoting SommelierMom:

If this is only the 4th date, why would you believe he's not sexually involved with anyone else?

marie2409
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes, this. Even if it's his and fresh, if you haven't agreed upon exclusivity, not much you can say.

Though it does speak to his character and morals, are you ok with that?

ETA- just had a thought, some guys masterbate just before a date, it calms the nerves. Plus, if he planned on sleeping with you it would help him last longer later on with you maybe??

Quoting owl0210:

Well four dates does not automatically mean you're in a committed relationship unless that has already been discussed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Have a nice dinner and don't have sex with him lol
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I'd leave. Gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

If he claims he's been celibate, I'd flat out ask him about the condom.
babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Share with him what you stumbled upon and be honest about how it makes you feel, or what you were thinking when you saw it. Its better to know the truth and what he is expecting from all of this, than just assuming. Who knows, maybe he jerked off before the dinner because he assumed you guys were going to have sex, and he didnt want to under perform. My SO said he did that when it came closer to us having sex, because he hadnt had sex in a while, and didnt want to finish so quickly.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

He's lying to you if you know for sure he doesn't have any roomates.

Quoting Anonymous:

He claimed he's been celibate for over 7 years

Quoting SommelierMom:

If this is only the 4th date, why would you believe he's not sexually involved with anyone else?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

dating is dating and unfortunately until you  have talked about it he can sleep with whoever her likes .I would ask him about it tell him that made you feel really uncomfortable and leave honestly anyway even if he says it was somebody elses how do you know that's the truth .

I might however play it off like its fine and then never call him again LOL or in the very least make sure we are not sleeping together until I know for sure hes not sleeping with anybody else

Mumof2boys03
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Some guys jack off into condoms... Just sayin'...
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM

So, this is the 4th great date, but you've only had 2 dates with the guy? I'm so confused already.

Anyway, at that point I don't think I would bring it up. Our relationship wouldn't be serious yet, and unless we have discussed being serious I would leave it alone. Plus, bringing up trash may be a little awkward for the... uhh 4th, or 2nd, whichever date we are on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)