Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who cares about Black kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 213 Replies

I'm surprised no one is talking about the 2 year old Biracial  kid that got slapped by a 60 year old white man on a filight.

If it was a white kid people would be up in arms on here.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis woman says her 2-year-old son was traumatized by a man accused of slapping the boy and calling him a racial slur during an Atlanta-bound flight.

The boy's mother, Jessica Bennett, said in a statement Saturday that her son has become "apprehensive to strangers" since the Feb. 8 flight from Minneapolis.

Joe Rickey Hundley, of Hayden, Idaho, has been charged with simple assault. His attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Bennett, 33, told authorities her son was crying as the Delta Air Lines flight prepared for landing. Hundley, 60, was sitting next to her and slapped the boy in his face, causing a scratch under his right eye, she said.

Hundley "told her to shut that (N-word) baby up," FBI special agent Daron Cheney said in a sworn statement. "Ms. Bennett received assistance from several people on the plane."

Bennett said the infant began crying louder after he was hit.

"Hundley's comments were racist and hateful," Bennett said in a statement to KARE-TV (http://kare11.tv/YyjZ58). "The family has numerous questions about how a passenger could get so violently out of control as to assault a toddler."

Hundley was suspended from his job as president of Unitech Composites and Structures, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported (http://bit.ly/Xg2aJQ).

Al Haase, president and chief executive of AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group — Unitech's parent company — said the firm was taking the matter seriously.

"In accordance with our company's personal conduct policy, we have suspended the employee pending investigation," Haase said in a statement.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

this is at least the second post about this already.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
5 moms liked this

It's already been talked about. And if he was a black kid everyone would be sueing.

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I have seen multiple news stories and posts on here. It was front page on cnn.com yesterday. People are and have been talking about it......

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I have been seeing and hearing about it since it happened.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
That sucks. I think the mother is already suing. He also lost his job. As an elder that's punishment enough IMO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM
9 moms liked this
You're an idiot. This story was posted the other day on here. And I personally care about black kids.....and kids of any other race.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

This story has been all over the news.

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I've seen it all over, including a story on CafeMom's The Stir:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/151325/man_slaps_crying_baby_on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

right. wonder how they feel now that they know the boy is adopted by white parents.

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Quoting owl0210:

This story has been all over the news.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)