Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with clean houses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 443 Replies
8 moms liked this

What do you think of a sign like this? A "friend" of mine posted some pictures of her DD with her house, it was a mess dishes piled up, laundry, trash etc. Another one of her friends ended up commenting on it and I agreed with her that her house is a pig stye and needs to be cleaned. Well she posted this on my wall (she knows my house is ALWAYS clean I use to baby sit her child and she had tons of play dates plus she use to live by me so would stop by at any given time) with the caption, "at least I am a GOOD mom". I think is a huge insult to moms who keep clean houses. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
17 moms liked this

I agree it is insulting. My DD is in school all day why should my house be anything but spotless?

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with OP... but my floors are the dirtiest thing in my house. I don't clean them enough... but I sweep and vacuum daily. I think there's some sticky spots. Lol but... my house is clean. Dishes done. Bathroom clean, stove clean.

Ill clean the floor soon. I have dogs and messy boys. ;)

If you have small kids, on the floor kids, you need that clean! Our baby is due in July and I definately will have to clean the floor a lot more.

But damn, your friend is a b. My friend has a dirty as hell house and I think its gross. She has two kids under 2.5 and its FILTHY. And she doesn't talk to me as much because apparently I'm "luckier" than her. Listen, I have it rough like her but she doesn't think you should work at home or out of the home. She's a selfish brat. So maybe your friend is like my friend.
maybe80
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
We are naming our daughter Delilah :)

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I agree it is insulting. My DD is in school all day why should my house be anything but spotless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
15 moms liked this

Oh, we had a post about this a while ago. I don't get insulted by the sign itself but I would be pissed about her caption. lol

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
5 moms liked this

doesnt insult me because i really dont care how any one elses house looks lol. Mines clean 99 percent of the time (granted right now its boxed up and we arent there lol) .BUT  I nor my kids have to live in it so I dont ccare if some one elses house is dirty.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
17 moms liked this

Everyone needs to make themselves feel better.

I spend 30 min a day to keep my house surface clean. It's not that hard to load/unload a dishwasher and wipe down the counters and table after a meal. Its not that hard to do a load of laundry per day. It's not that hard to pick up and sweep and vacuum quick. 5 min per room at most? I mean, the machines do most of the work.

To those who like a mess, why not add some decorative baskets under your coffee tables so when company comes or its time to sweep you can toss all of the toys and crap away quick?

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
7 moms liked this
Yeah, she wouldn't be my friend anymore: ) sounds like she got butthurt and started feeling guilty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

The sign doesn't bother me because I always take it as a messy person is trying to feel better about themselves, the caption would have pissed me off though. 

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Awww that's awesome. This must be how my mom felt. She named me Brittany and it was not at all popular and now look. 26 years later it's everywhere.

Quoting maybe80:

We are naming our daughter Delilah :)

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
9 moms liked this

The sign does not insult me at all. It screams to me that my kids are happy living in filth and I am too lazy to get off my ass. Shrugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN