Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

(Long)When I was a young girl, my mother got drunk and told me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That she wished she could have afforded to get an abortion. She had my brother at 15. She was an alcoholic and an addict. My brother was raised by his dad after he and my mom divorced when she was 17. She started a relationship with my dad a few years later and had me at 22. I was raised by my maternal grandmother until she passed when I was 13. I lived with my cousin until I was 14.5 because I finally got the guts to tell that her husband had been molesting and raping me for the entire year and a half I lived there. She took his side. So I went to live with my moms sister whom I was very close to. After just a couple months I went to live with my dad. That was about two weeks before my 15th birthday. He had gotten out of prison (he had spent most of my life in and out at this point), met my step mom and I had a baby sister on the way. I was miserable there. I couldn't get along with my dad at all. After so many years of barely seeing him, broken promises, etc., he suddenly wanted to parent and I wasn't having it. A few years later I was living with a roommate and working. I had been in a few failed relationships. A month before my 19th birthday, my mom died. I was about 16 when I forgave her and was tring to have a relationship with her. I know that she loved me, she just had a lot of issues. I had finally gotten to where I could let go if the anger and resentment I held for her. So I go home to plan the funeral after everything if over and she is buried I go back to work. 7 months later I found out my aunt had cancer. I leave where I am to go be with her. She made it for 5 months. It was extremely hard on me because she way the only real family I had left on my mothers side. 3 months later my life changed forever. I had sworn off relationships I was done with being treated like shit. I was living in my aunts old place with a roommate. My roommate decided to introduce me to someone. I didn't want to but she invited him over one day while I was sleeping since I worked nights. I got up we talked and had a nice day. We started dating soon after and not long after that I was pregnant. He became my husband when our dd was 4 months old. We are happy, we have a ds now and my life is nothing like I thought it could be. Even though I have been to hell and back I am glad that I wasn't aborted. I am so much more than my past, I am a stronger woman, a better mother because of it and I do not live with regrets because I know how short life can be.

Eta: I have 3 little sisters now and a wonderful relationship with my dad and step mom.

Eta: I am finding all these stupid typos and editing as I see them. Bear with me I am mobile lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (21-21):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Thank you. I'm happy for you as well.

Quoting EvilAsh:

same here. Nice when we find someone willing to put up with us! Glad things worked out for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband and I have had many trials with my issues. I've learned how to deal but some days are still difficult. I'm so thankful he loves me and has the patience. The beginning was extremely hard but everyday gets easier. Hugs to you.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Glad everything turned out okay. It takes a lot of failed relationships sometimes to find a good one.  I dunno how my husband puts up with me much of the time because I'm so broken and have abandonment issues, big time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN