Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I just decided to have a home birth ...

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 47 Replies
My sons birth was quick and easy and I keep thinking about it but say no because my husband isn't exactly on board. He wants us to go to the hospital.

But I had a doula the first time and she told me I probably won't make it to the hospital with my next birth. Well she's a midwife now and I just talked to a prospective doula who's also a home birth midwife and I feel like its the right thing.

I just don't know how to get my Dh on board. Wish he would understand.

Our son is 18 mo and I'm due end of June.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I'm heading that direction. I'm high risk and I'm still leaning toward having a unassisted birth. I hate my ob that much.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

I'm heading that direction. I'm high risk and I'm still leaning toward having a unassisted birth. I hate my ob that much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Good for you. I wish I could have home birthed. I don't want to have another kid my hospital experience was so bad.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My SO is very stuck on this one. No matter how much they mess up I get argued down and get stuck with them. I'm miserable there. I think I'm going to wait until I go into labor and refuse to go to the hospital. I don't want to give birth in a hospital anyway.

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

Hyman
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Your Dh won't allow you to try a different ob??

That's your right IMO.

I love my ob and had a great hospital experience but I want to do a home birth now.

Consider a midwife??

Quoting wkukid:

My SO is very stuck on this one. No matter how much they mess up I get argued down and get stuck with them. I'm miserable there. I think I'm going to wait until I go into labor and refuse to go to the hospital. I don't want to give birth in a hospital anyway.

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM

You should have the birth you want. Explain to your husband wot a home birth is like, find blogs so he can read other people's stories. Have him talk to the midwives. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I wanted to go to a birthing center in town and it get rejected by my pcp, which I'm beginning to question. I'm very anti hospital. The midwives at the place I'm stuck at are actually worse than the doctors. They are rude and blow off my questions and concerns. I actually have anxiety about this pregnancy because of the place I go.

Quoting Hyman:

That's your right IMO.

I love my ob and had a great hospital experience but I want to do a home birth now.

Consider a midwife??

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

do what feels best for you. for me the hospital is free (go canada) but a midwife is $$ so hospital it is lol.

RaeRaeNe
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

YEah sorry, I am dll for home birth and unasisted birth(I am doing it all myself,pregnancy and birth) BUT if your already high risk its not a good idea.What would you do if something happend because your high risk? Also  CPS can and will investigate it once they find out and get medical records that you where high risk.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Why is your SO stuck on this place then?

Quoting wkukid:

I wanted to go to a birthing center in town and it get rejected by my pcp, which I'm beginning to question. I'm very anti hospital. The midwives at the place I'm stuck at are actually worse than the doctors. They are rude and blow off my questions and concerns. I actually have anxiety about this pregnancy because of the place I go.

Quoting Hyman:

That's your right IMO.

Consider a midwife??

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)