Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I just decided to have a home birth ...

Posted by   + Show Post
My sons birth was quick and easy and I keep thinking about it but say no because my husband isn't exactly on board. He wants us to go to the hospital.

But I had a doula the first time and she told me I probably won't make it to the hospital with my next birth. Well she's a midwife now and I just talked to a prospective doula who's also a home birth midwife and I feel like its the right thing.

I just don't know how to get my Dh on board. Wish he would understand.

Our son is 18 mo and I'm due end of June.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (41-47):
readbooksndance
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I had my dh watch The Business Of Being Born. That got my dh on board for a home birth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

What does she mean you won't make it to hte hospital with your next birth?

finnbar
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Um, why are you letting somebody, ANYBODY, besides yourself choose your OB-GYN? Its not like your male SO can even see this same doctor so whats the attachment?
Call another office or two and set up interview appointments. Be the river, not the floatimg stick

Quoting wkukid:

My SO is very stuck on this one. No matter how much they mess up I get argued down and get stuck with them. I'm miserable there. I think I'm going to wait until I go into labor and refuse to go to the hospital. I don't want to give birth in a hospital anyway.

Quoting catrig:

Get a different ob?

Quoting wkukid:

I'm heading that direction. I'm high risk and I'm still leaning toward having a unassisted birth. I hate my ob that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
My friend was high risk and had a home birth. She almost bled to death and her 4 day old son is fighting for his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Until something goes wrong and you end up with a dead baby.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We're having our first home birth for SOOO many amazing reasons. :) I think it's the best way a baby can be birthed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
She'll probably deliver before she makes it to the hospital. I am the same way.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does she mean you won't make it to hte hospital with your next birth?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I wish I could but my high-blood pressure takes away that optoin. Gl momma. :)
asaffell
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Have him sit down and meet with the midwife. He's probably just concerned and needs reassurance that you guys will be safe.

My homebirth was the best decision for my whole family. I honestly think it made my marriage better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)