Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sometimes i really hate working for the cable company

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am still shaking.

Our rates went up. NOT MY FAULT. Bills recently went out with the new rate. People were made aware of this two months ago in their bills. NOT MY FAULT If you don't read your bills.

This man called a bit ago and I didn't even get to finish saying hello when he started screaming in my ear and cursing me. He said you're a fucking bitch that's what you are you need your goddamn throat sliced and a bunch of other crap. I put him on hold. Didn't even tell him. I waved for my manager but he didn't come right away and the phone started beeping. So I just picked it up and put him right back on hold.
My manager came over and then answered my line. I heard this guy and I wasn't even near the phone! He said that bitch raised my rates you all's should fucking die. Cancel my goddamn service right now. I had to step outside to take a minute. Then when someone asked me what was wrong I just lost it and cried.

I hate people.

Now I must get back. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mtdew
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Where I worked, the customer service reps were allowed to hang up if a customer either yelled or swore at them.  You should be able to do the same!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM
We must first get a manager. Then they can hang up if it continues.

Quoting mtdew:

Where I worked, the customer service reps were allowed to hang up if a customer either yelled or swore at them.  You should be able to do the same!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Sounds like he's threatening the people at the company. And he's nuts.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

In my old office, that contstituted a brief explanation of our policy regarding profanity followed by terminating the phone call. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

people are serious about their cable bills lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I understand people get mad over rate changes, but it's not the person answering the phones fault.  I used to work at a Service center and they had techs take calls and try to help people over the phone and would sometimes have to do exchanges on their equipment.  I was the one that had to call the people if the didn't return their broken equipment or if they had a bug infestation in their fax machine or there was corrosion caused by liquids, well I was called everything and threatened so many times as were other people.  So glad I don't work in that field anymore. 

TypeAndRun
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

You DO realize the customer is not yelling at "you", let it go otherwise you'll get an ulcer.  Also be thankful you're not married to him, or have to deal with a face to face.

nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

What a nut!

KeriAZ
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I got mad at my cable company because they said I owed more money then what I paid already. When I paid my bill off I asked if there was any other amount I owe. They said no. Now I have been screwed. They are telling me I owe another $25. I'm mad. But I didn't scream or cuss other then this is bullshit. Told them I'm filing a complaint.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN