Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

figure this out-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You buy a car fot $3700. Its used.

You offert he person $200 extra to hold it so u can get money together on the 18th

A week later (the 7th) u have the money and ask to pick up. The person you are buying from has had a family emergancy and hasnt gotten to clean the car out %100

They left a hitch and handicapped handcontrols in the car.

You NEVER drove the car, never looked under the hood, never asked questions other then when was the last oil change and does the heat work. But the seller cleans car out and says u can pick up.

As is where is no warrenty no guarantee expressed or implied on ALL paperwork.

Fastfoward to today: you go to get the car inspected on the last day of a 10day tag and it fails.

Would you then go back to the seller and demand money back?! The car is an '04 and when we parked it it was FINE. We had it inspected in MAY and tore off the sticker cause we planned on parking it from dec to may and didnt want it stollen etc.

The family that got it said they want half the money back to fix an issue but wont tellus what issue, or wants % 100 back and us to take the car back.

They have had it since the 7th and never said a word!

Thwy said I shouldnt delete them on FB cause they know where I live and said they will take us to court.

Sorry but the as is where is no warrantee on ALL papers protects us...... right???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (21-22):
Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Private party sale will be As Is. This stuff happens, cannot predict life. Should of told them to get their vehicles inspected BEFORE they buy it, many shops do a free inspection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM
"I just started driving the van have only driven it 4 times in the past week that it has been on the road was registered last monday and failed inspection sorry not to much can go in one week especially when wires have been cut out so ya the items now belong to me as I have to sell them to come up with money to fix them thanks and have a great life and sorry AS IS WHERE IS holds up quite well in court darling thanks"

Idk what the wires things means and im not going to take back a car they might have fucked up

Quoting gigis1:

i think hey all take the chance of something going wrong when buying from anything but a dealer.. i dont think they can do anything about it, you can easily rgue that it was fine and you never know, they might have fucked it up on purpose and and trying to put the blame on you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)