Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm dating a man with 3 kids, tell me the truth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

How hard will it be if we moved in as a family? The truth? If I marry him will they take my income for support? Him and his ex have 50/50 and he pays his support to her, but they are with him 85% of the time.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I would never and I have 3 kids LOL

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM

If you're a family, then why would you be separating income?

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM
3 moms liked this

They will not take your income. Those are his kids not yours. If the kids are with him more I would see about changing up the custody after you are married. There is no reason he should be paying her cs when he has the kids more

km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Child support will not go off of your income.(There are some states that it does though.) As far as when they are with you, yes, your income will help support the kids. There isn't any way around that. Kids can be expensive and it's likely that your income will be needed for their needs/wants.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No they will not take your money for support. He needs to have a modification done. That is ridiculous that he has them that much and paying her. 

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Just pay attention to things.  Pay attention to the way his ex and him treat each other.  Pay attention to the kids and how they act day to day.  Watch for unnecessary drama.  Watch his spending habits.  

My mom married my step dad and maintained a separate bank account so his ex wouldn't go after her income too.  So I think as long as you don't share an account, she can't raise the support to include your income as well.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM
They don't take your income into consideration even if you get married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Will it be hard dealing with the kids? Will our relationship stay strong. At the moment we don't live together and we live about 2 hours apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Any help?

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM

50/50 pays child support still? That's not right IMO. I have no idea how hard it'd be though. I could never be with a man with 3 kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)