Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Annonymous Moms Are Mean

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 173 Replies
20 moms liked this

I have been a member of cafemom since 2007, but I haven't checked in for about five years.  I checked in a few days ago because I have recently become a SAHM and I remembered that cafemom was a great place to talk to supportive women.

Holy shit, was I ever wrong!

During the last two days, I have been on cafemom for more hours that I care to admit, and I have discovered that Anonymous replies to a lot of posts and Anonymous is a real bitch. 

About everything.  From clothing choices, to daycare issues, to marital problems to whether or not you breast feed--Anonymous has the opinion that the original poster is a horrible person who deserves to burn in hell.

Furthermore, Anonymous sometimes adds post herself that have ridiculous subject matters that are guaranteed to start a shit storm...and she is smart enough to put up a subject line that appeals to my "reality TV" sensibilities. 

I have formed the opinion that Anonymous is a whole herd of bored women that come up with subjects and ill formed opinions simply to keep the conversation rolling.  Anonymous is all of the mean girls that we have ever known--the ones that will tell us that we suck AND blow so much harder than we ever thought.

I feel sorry for Annonymous, all of them, those ladies that get their kicks out of posting mean comments on a website meant to build up women.

***A couple of you have pointed out that if I don't like the anon feature, I can go to another group.  That's true.  I keep coming back because, as I stated, confessions appeals to my "reality TV sensibilities".  I am a fan of all the houses wives--why?  Because of the mean girls. 

Anon keeps the conversation rolling, which is a good thing. 

No, not all Anon's are mean, some are very kind.  Some have made the point that if they don't post Anon, then other mom's stalk them.  Totally valid reason to post Anon.  Some Anon's don't want their families to know what they are saying--another valid reason.

A couple of you have also pointed out that we are all Anon--who can tell who a person is when their icon is hello kitty or an inspirational quote? That is also an excellent point.

Finally, if I gave the impression that I was bitching about this group or a prude who doesn't like swear words, then I didn't effectively communicate in my first post.  Confessions is the fastest moving group--that makes it the best to read.  Plus, Anon posts some pretty crazy shit from time to time, and that is pure entertainment. 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM

There's only a few groups with anonymous, maybe try a different group.

mama3p
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
6 moms liked this

Unfortunately I've come to realize that most of the women on here have absolutely no lives and just live to be mean and bitchy to eachother and it's not always done anon. Bitches on here be gettin crazy!

LectioDivina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
5 moms liked this

We still gotcha though....    ;)

"I have been on cafemom for more hours that I care to admit"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I am not mean.  I post EVERY post in anonymous.  Why?   Because I have seen too many mean women on this site who follow other posters around and drag up past posts just to be cruel.  I enjoy this site but do not want to be known or recognised by the women here, they are too mean.

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, she really is the mean girl. Guess she has to find somewhere to do it since high school is over!

outtabodymommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

:) excellent point!

outtabodymommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it is a whole bunch of mom's who are really nice in real life, and they have to get their mean out somewhere so they post anon--?

StillTheWine-O
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Most are funny.

outtabodymommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

any suggestions for a good group?

outtabodymommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

or maybe...she is still IN high school!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)