Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't see how I am the one in the wrong! (kinda long)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I started dating this man about 7 months ago. My son is in an in home daycare with one of my best friends. She told me that he told her that J (boyfriend) had touched him in the no no spot. I know that it's not true because he has never even been alone with M (my son). He has never even picked him up or anything. My son is 5. I asked M about it and he says that he never said that. I told J that I couldn't be with him anymore though because he is a registered sex offender. ( It's from when he was 19 and his girlfriend was 16. She got pregnant and her parents pressed charges. I seen the papers and everything so I know that is what happened plus I have talked to her too about it) Anyways, he is mad at me now because I broke up with him because I don't want to continue to keep having problems like this when someone finds out. What had happened is that I had told my so called best friend about it and she didn't like that he is a registered sex offender so she made up the lie about it. But she also said that if I got back with him then she would file a report with the police about it and then the police would have to investigate all of it and everyone in it which would mean putting my son through unnecessary crap which I refuse to do. But now J is pissed about it (which is understandable) and thinks that we should stay together and let her go to the police. I absolutely refuse to put my son through that just so that we can be happy together but J won't stop bothering me about it and won't stop calling, texting, or coming by. I know this is kind of long but if anyone has any advice on this then it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM

This is why I get mad that everyone upon everyone has to register as a sex offender.

I also think you should have kept your mouth shut, there was no reason to tell anyone about his situation.

If I knew w/o a doubt that nothing happened & I really liked him I would not have broken up w/him.

I would've cut ties w/the bitch though.  That is very wrong for her to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
What are bf restrictions concerning kids? Is he allowed to be anywhere around kids? Will bf get sent back to jail for violating restrtictions?
aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Drop both of them from your life. You "friend" is not a friend. As for J, tell him to stop or you are going file a restaining order. J sounds obsessed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jstine86
by Justine on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your friend isn't a very good friend, IMO. Sounds a bit psycho to me. If she really did make that all up, she is putting her "best friend" through that??! Ridiculous

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I wouldn't date a sex offender.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

He has no restrictions with kids. He only has to register for another 5 years and then he's done. The judge went pretty easy with him on it because he knew that they had been together for a long time and was together up until the day that her parents pressed charges on him when they found out that she was pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are bf restrictions concerning kids? Is he allowed to be anywhere around kids? Will bf get sent back to jail for violating restrtictions?

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I thought this too. I mean, holy CRAP why would she want to put the OP's child through an investigation, put the OP through all the incredible stress and misery, because she didn't agree with who she dates? Yikes.

Quoting jstine86:

Sounds like your friend isn't a very good friend, IMO. Sounds a bit psycho to me. If she really did make that all up, she is putting her "best friend" through that??! Ridiculous

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM

You can't tell everybody everything. Call the police and CPS and ask them - anonymously if you have to - what can happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I thought that I could trust her with something like that. She was one of my best friends. I'm not speaking her anymore because of this and because she went and told everyone we know about it.

Quoting lnrmom:

Why did you tell her?

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need to drop the bitch friend who is willing to tell terrible lies and put your child through hell, rather than the BF. Good lord people's priorities are screwed the fuck up. I would kill a bitch who told a lie like that about my son.
Ok, maybe not actually kill, but you can bet your ass I wouldn't be her friend anymore and I sure as FUCK wouldn't leave my child in her care ever again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Your friend handled it in the wrong way but your BF is too. If I were him  I'd stay  far away from any kind of investigation since he's a registered sex offender. I wouldn't have dated him to begin with though. I think your friend was just looking out for you even if she went about it in the wrong way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)