Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dropped my 1 week old baby and now....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

he is about to be 1 year old next month and he is very behind on his milestones. I was nursing him when he was a week old and between my toddler keeping me up in the day and him up at night I just drifted off to sleepmand he fell out of my arms onto the floor. He will be 1 in 2 weeks and he still doesnt walk or stand without holding something. He still looks and babbles like an 8 month old baby. H e can feed himself with his fingers and responds to his name but he doesnt wave or seem to understand directions. Is there something wrong? Could it be from the fall? He still only has 2 teeth and doesnt look much like a 1 year old. Please don't bash. I am just worried.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

BUMP

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
7 moms liked this
If you're worried talk to his doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you had him evaluated for earky intervention services?
What does your ped say?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

11 months old? No. I wouldnt be worried yet.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Doesn't he have a pediatrician? Has he been getting his checkups? The doctor is who you should be asking, not CM.

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
5 moms liked this
My DD fell off the bed at a week old. She is now almost two and talking, walking, and 100% on track with milestones. Your baby could just be taking his time. Don't worry mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM

That doesnt really seem delayed to me. If you are worried take to his doctor.

ChristieV
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Talk to his doctor and tell him what happend, how far the fall was,etc. Babies are tougher than people think though, so it probably wasn't from a small fall. Many babies don't walk until later. I know some that didn't walk until 16 months and they were totally fine. Babbling is babbling. My son didn't talk a lot until almost 2 and he is very bright. Also, we were worried because he wouldn't clap or wave at the right time. He does both of those things beautifully now!

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be from anything. Contact your local WIC office, they can put you in touch with your state's early intervention programs. It is free to everyone, regardless of income (at least it is in Pennsylvania). They come into your home to evaluate and work with the child and refer out if other therapies or services are needed. The ones we woked with, through AIU, were WONDERFUL!

clippingmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I am sure he is fine and just moving at his own pace. those are all just that ilestones because every baby does them diffrently. I dropped my DD at 3 weeks onto the parking lot pavement. I thought I had killed my baby. I think I cried harder than she did. luckily a lady in the parking lot saw it and came right over and helped me get my 18 mos old DD into her car seat. I went straight to the med center. she was fine but I felt AWfUL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)