Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Probably the dumbest most sincere question I've ever asked **update**

Posted by   + Show Post
So it's been 3 1/2 months since I've had my youngest and I haven't gotten my period yet. My husband was asking me if I could get pregnant from him cumming inside of me since I am obviously not ovulating and I honestly didn't know how to answer it....I'm assuming yes but can I get some more answers? He doesn't believe me.

Yes dumbest question EVER

***Probably should've added that I AM nursing baby and I know that can delay or even stop periods for the duration of nursing***
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Replies (101-110):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so proud of you women. Well, most of you. Most of you are answering with good info and helping her instead of making her feel stupid. 

We do not automatically know, even after having a baby. Questions are good.

liliem
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I'm posting because I want to know what your test results are. Now I'm on the thread and I'll get an update. Funny how guys don't know much. My husband asked me how we are going to handle not getting pregnant after I have my baby and I told him condoms or he can pull out. He hates both those options so I said, fine, get fixed. Lol

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Breastfeeding is NOT a method of birth control. Seriously, aren't OB's explaining this stuff at the six week check?! Ya know, assuming nobody listened in eighth grade health class......

Quoting jj_bmom:

Yes I am almost exclusively breast feeding which I know can keep it from coming for awhile or the entire time I breast feed.

Quoting ruhappytoseeme:

yes you can get pregnant, evne tho your period hasnt started (are you breast feeding? usually keeps it away) you can get pregnant. I met a lady whos two youngest were 5 months apart, she had her one son then got imediately pregnant and had her second son at 5 months pregnant, so yep id say your plenty fertile at that time lol

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I am also curious :) 

Quoting liliem:

I'm posting because I want to know what your test results are. Now I'm on the thread and I'll get an update. Funny how guys don't know much. My husband asked me how we are going to handle not getting pregnant after I have my baby and I told him condoms or he can pull out. He hates both those options so I said, fine, get fixed. Lol

----------------------------------------------------------

i'm experiencing Deja Moo: The feeling that i've heard this bullplop before. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I would trust a blood test better than a urine test... use some kind of birth control so you don't end up pregnant so soon unless you want to...Good Luck :-)

Quoting jj_bmom:

I took one about a month ago and both were negative. I will probably test just to be sure.

Quoting Buggy979:

And did you take a test yet? ?????

jj_bmom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I KNOW! Gosh did no one freaking READ the dang post?! Sheesh!

Quoting LeahJ:

Breastfeeding is NOT a method of birth control. Seriously, aren't OB's explaining this stuff at the six week check?! Ya know, assuming nobody listened in eighth grade health class......

Quoting jj_bmom:

Yes I am almost exclusively breast feeding which I know can keep it from coming for awhile or the entire time I breast feed.

Quoting ruhappytoseeme:

yes you can get pregnant, evne tho your period hasnt started (are you breast feeding? usually keeps it away) you can get pregnant. I met a lady whos two youngest were 5 months apart, she had her one son then got imediately pregnant and had her second son at 5 months pregnant, so yep id say your plenty fertile at that time lol

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I got pregnant with baby number 2 before I got my period back from baby number 1. I was ebf him at the time and was 9 months pp.
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
She already said she knew the question was dumb you need to grow up and not be so rude

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. You are VERY stupid and naive. Grow up

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
You are very fertile within the first few months after having a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Umm no nursing doesn't always stop or delay. You could still ovulate and not find out you did until you were pregnant or had your period. My aunt got knocked up while breast feeding her kids are less than a year apart. My Mil had eight kids in less than twelve years, three are less than three years apart so breast feeding does not equal bc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN