Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does it look normal???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My mom passed away July of 2011. We buried her August 1st. My sister is trying to persue a lawsuit against the hospital saying it's their fault she died. I agree at all and I no longer have anything to do with that side of the family. Apparently my sister put the headstone up today or sometime within the last few days. A friend saw the pic and said that it looks as if they dug my mom up. I was at the cemetary July of 2012 and it was all grass. It did not look like this at all! Legally in the state of Texas I am my mothers only child. She signed rights over on my 2 brothers and sister before I was born. They legally can not persue the law suit without my signature because the state only recognizes me as her child. My question is does this look normal if they just put in the headstone and she's been buried almost 2 years?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

But why would they dig the length of the grave to put in a headstone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Do you mean the grave on the right? That has definitely been dug up but you can't tell how much, could have just removed the sod for some reason. Check for track marks, they'd need a small backhoe and a crane to remove the coffin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I don't know :/ it's bugging me though

Quoting Anonymous:

But why would they dig the length of the grave to put in a headstone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Yes the one on the right. I will have to go out on Friday when I get off work and check. If I call the cemetery would they have record of why it looks like that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you mean the grave on the right? That has definitely been dug up but you can't tell how much, could have just removed the sod for some reason. Check for track marks, they'd need a small backhoe and a crane to remove the coffin.
sxylilmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

That is terrible! It does look odd having the whole length dug up. I would be furious!

C.S.K.L
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I think it looks like they dug it, but I don't see why? But there was a situation a where graves were found with more than 1 body in them. The cemetery had been reusing old plots
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I've already told my friend that if they dug her up without my consent I'm going to press charges!

Quoting sxylilmom:

That is terrible! It does look odd having the whole length dug up. I would be furious!

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM
The cemetery would have to have a court order to allow anyone to dig the body up. I'd call them in the morning and ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM
It looks like the whole thing was dug up. Try to get records from the cemetery they would have needed a permit to do do. Say you need then for personal reference. Don't mention anything about your sister not legally being related.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM

They should have only had to dig for the footer for the stone. I have no clue what the hell they were doing there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)