Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Former SAHMS who are now divorced

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
How did you manage to become independent? I'm seeking guidance, thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I'm not divorced but just wanted to say good luck on your journey
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Thank you

Quoting Supervane:

I'm not divorced but just wanted to say good luck on your journey
kidlover2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I worked full time and part time jobs. Home health aide and cleaning made the best money with a lot of flexibility. When I became single, I had full custody of a 1, 4, and 7 year old.
*divorced
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM
That's great thanks

Quoting kidlover2:

I worked full time and part time jobs. Home health aide and cleaning made the best money with a lot of flexibility. When I became single, I had full custody of a 1, 4, and 7 year old.

*divorced
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM

It sucked. I did not see it coming. My DH and I agreed that I would be a SAHM. He was in the Navy came home one day, packed his things and abandoned us. We had 3 daughters. I had to move my girls back home. My brother and his wife took us in for a year. It took that long to afford to move out and get back on my feet. It was the most difficult experience I have ever been through but I did it. I struggled and scraped and made do. I put everything into my daughters. About 5 years later my brother introduced me to now DH. We dated for 5 years before we married. You will find strength that you never knew you had. Dig deep and hold your head up high.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM
A rainbow through the cloud for sure. Thanks for sharing and very glad it worked out for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

It sucked. I did not see it coming. My DH and I agreed that I would be a SAHM. He was in the Navy came home one day, packed his things and abandoned us. We had 3 daughters. I had to move my girls back home. My brother and his wife took us in for a year. It took that long to afford to move out and get back on my feet. It was the most difficult experience I have ever been through but I did it. I struggled and scraped and made do. I put everything into my daughters. About 5 years later my brother introduced me to now DH. We dated for 5 years before we married. You will find strength that you never knew you had. Dig deep and hold your head up high.

blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Hugs. I'm in that boat right now:( trying to find a job to get on my feet... good luck.
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

My BF of 2 years kicked me and my 5 year old out 2 weeks ago. I'm at my mom's and trying to find a job..... Good Luck!

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Keep your head up, make new friends who have been in your shoes (ahem ME! LOL), & try to keep yourself busy (as in with kid activities or non-kid activities). 

I was a SAHM for almost 3 yrs when ex decided to have an affair. I was pretty much forced to go back to work because he felt I wasn't pulling my weight. Yet he was the one who said I should be a SAHM because it was costing us basically my paycheck to pay for the sitter for our 3 kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I got a job and supported myself and my children.  Instant independence.

It's very easy if you have an education and job history, which are two things everyone should have prior to marriage and children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)