Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Okay so I go through US Cellular.. Ive been with them for several uears and have ALWAYS had problems. Ive really been wanting to switch to att but Im not sure if its worth it because Ive heard bad things about them as well.. Plus im not sure if I will get good service where I live. (I live in the middle of the country) So I need advice from you guys! Lol. Please and thank you!(:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Wow why can't I ever have great customer service like everyone else?
Setting up Internet was a pain, and it sucks. Customer service is usually crap for me. If we hadn't had to renew for upgrades (btw upgrade fees are $37 on your bill on top of purchasing the phone, just FYI if you don't know) we have so many phones that changing service and new phones would be really expensive...we rarely have good customer service. But I know 3 people that live in town that have either use a cell booster or they will have dropped calls without moving an inch. Heck maybe they just don't like Arkansas...
Idk about others, my dad used AT&T(I still stayed on his until I was married, cheaper that way) and DH had it, so I've only used them...
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Her husband is in the military. It's not like they had a choice to move. Some companies will release you from a contract if you relocate to an area where they don't provide service. Apparently AT&T is not one of those companies. Good to know.

We use Verizon Wireless and have never had any issues, OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

So how is it their fault that you moved out of the service area?  Not all carriers have fantastic reception in all locations.  If it worked in the location you ordered service in originally, then you can hardly put the blame on a carrier when you relocate.   

Quoting Hanab818:

I had them and will never ever again for phone service. Dh was stationed in nc and we didn't get any cell service. So when I called them to say listen is there anything we can do we have been customers for 10 years the said we promised you a phone we never once said you would be able to use it. So dh went into a store told them what the guy said to me and they said the same thing. I have never heard dh tell someone to fuck off. I will never go back and I tell everyone that asks about them to stay far far far away.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM

we didnt move out of the area. dh come home from iraq and was 4 weeks out from coming home. we asked them to give him a reg basic phone for those 4 weeks before we moved back home where we knew we had service. yes it not their fault that he got deployed but they could have done more to help. instead of saying we never promised you can use your phone. it was more their attitude then the fact we couldnt get service where he was stationed.

Quoting Anonymous:

So how is it their fault that you moved out of the service area?  Not all carriers have fantastic reception in all locations.  If it worked in the location you ordered service in originally, then you can hardly put the blame on a carrier when you relocate.   

Quoting Hanab818:

I had them and will never ever again for phone service. Dh was stationed in nc and we didn't get any cell service. So when I called them to say listen is there anything we can do we have been customers for 10 years the said we promised you a phone we never once said you would be able to use it. So dh went into a store told them what the guy said to me and they said the same thing. I have never heard dh tell someone to fuck off. I will never go back and I tell everyone that asks about them to stay far far far away.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
That's about the same for us.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

I live in the middle of no where lol nearest WalMart 40 minutes lol and baby's r us 70 miles so I get great service (: and awesome customer service definitely

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM

exactly. funny thing is att claims they have service where he was stationed and that it must just be where he was living that there were no towers.

Quoting lwalker270:

Her husband is in the military. It's not like they had a choice to move. Some companies will release you from a contract if you relocate to an area where they don't provide service. Apparently AT&T is not one of those companies. Good to know.

We use Verizon Wireless and have never had any issues, OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hanab818:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I love AT&T for my cell (good reception), even though they are ridiculously expensive (iPhone), but HATE them for my local service.

I live in a very old neighborhood and there is a tremendous amount of static on the line. They've come out a couple of times and have told us that it's because the lines are old. Then UPDATE THEM, for crying out loud. Pisses me off too, because our bill is ~400.00 a month.

Sweety1018
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I left us cellular too. I went to version no prombles at all.

Quoting cRystienah:

Okay so I go through US Cellular.. Ive been with them for several uears and have ALWAYS had problems. Ive really been wanting to switch to att but Im not sure if its worth it because Ive heard bad things about them as well.. Plus im not sure if I will get good service where I live. (I live in the middle of the country) So I need advice from you guys! Lol. Please and thank you!(:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
im with sprint I love it I never had problem
cRystienah
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I only want them for mine and dh's cell phones. Im not worried about the cost, I just hate being over charged.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love AT&T for my cell (good reception), even though they are ridiculously expensive (iPhone), but HATE them for my local service.

I live in a very old neighborhood and there is a tremendous amount of static on the line. They've come out a couple of times and have told us that it's because the lines are old. Then UPDATE THEM, for crying out loud. Pisses me off too, because our bill is ~400.00 a month.

cRystienah
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Sprint is terrible where I live.

Quoting Anonymous:

im with sprint I love it I never had problem
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)