Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

for the love of everyone who pays taxes WHYYYY?!?!?!?!????!!!!!!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't speak for a whole group...

MaMa.Lu
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Why are you on Public Assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think that people "misunderstand"? 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we just hate a system where taxpayers are forced to give money to people they don't give a shit about? 

The misundestanding is that we are all lazy and don't work.  That we are leeches and moochers, that we all "LOVE" to be on PA.

I made this post so if anyone want to ask any question i will answer honestly. That is why i am anon, as well.

Yes I agree that taxpayer are force to help people who are on PA that they really don't give a shit about but we don't  ask the taxpayer to  do that, the government does.

In all honesty, I think you are the one who is misunderstanding.  The point is that we don't care how hard you work or don't work, the fact that you collect  at all is our point of contention.  (unless of course you are there because of accident or illness) 

The point you need to understand is that many of us DON'T CARE what got you there.  You are there and until you are not, you do not deserve respect. 

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Can you buy tampons with food stamps

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

we got on PA for the first time when my husband lost his job. a year later we had to apply. that was a year ago. He is looking for a job any job, if he finds one, we will have 2 incomes and will be getting off of PA  even if it is 2 incomes at minimum wage;and in the meantimes i am putting back any extra money i can to save toward getting off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your plan to get off assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM

1 year.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on it?  And what forms are you receiving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

we got on PA for the first time when my husband lost his job. a year later we had to apply. that was a year ago. He is looking for a job any job, if he finds one, we will have 2 incomes and will be getting off of PA  even if it is 2 incomes at minimum wage;and in the meantimes i am putting back any extra money i can to save toward getting off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your plan to get off assistance?

Unemployment runs for more than a year....or was he fired and not eligable?  How many kids do you have? How many hours do YOU work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

1 year.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on it?  And what forms are you receiving?

What types of PA are you receiving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Do you live in a rural area? Why are jobs scarce for your DH?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)