Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
So what your saying is that if I quit paying $35 a month for my virgin mobile phone ... That was given to me .... I can afford to buy groceries for me and my 2 girls for an entire month??!!!??!!?!?!?!?? Lmfao what grocery store do you shop at ???

Quoting Anonymous:

Get rid of the Internet and smart phone you will have money to buy food

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM

same here i pay $35 a month for my boost mobile cell phone. It is cheaper than a landline and don't have to pay extra for long distance.  There isn't any way $35 a month will  buy food for 4 people for a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what your saying is that if I quit paying $35 a month for my virgin mobile phone ... That was given to me .... I can afford to buy groceries for me and my 2 girls for an entire month??!!!??!!?!?!?!?? Lmfao what grocery store do you shop at ???

Quoting Anonymous:

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Well since there's been a hundred of these same exact posts..I think we all "understand" why.....

No questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Amen ... I agree that ALOT of the people on PA abuse the system ... But the system ALSO helps those that deserve help .... Its not like its our fault that losers abuse the system ... I get food stamps and my kids have medicaid ... Where I am adults can't get medicaid if they make over $300 a month ... And I have never got cash assistance .... I work 30- 50 hrs a week .... Single parenting is a chore

Quoting Anonymous:

same here i pay $35 a month for my boost mobile cell phone. It is cheaper than a landline and don't have to pay extra for long distance.  There isn't any way $35 a month will  buy food for 4 people for a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

T1DKyMom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Wow this went from a welfare post to a "getting hit by a car" post.  I was hit by a car when I was 9 and I was on welfare in 2012.  Ask me anything!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM
DID I SAY THE WHOLE MONTH?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

cthroop0114
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
How does one that truly needs it get denied all the time? I need help have tried but really need help asap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I don't know. Maybe your income is to high. My income last year was $10,000. and i have 2 kids.

Quoting cthroop0114:

How does one that truly needs it get denied all the time? I need help have tried but really need help asap

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not say I was receiving ssdi you idiot. If you look up allsup they help disabled people get on ssi and ssdi. When they called ss and asked them what I qualify for, ss said only 744 a month. And that doesn't cover much but rent. So yes I declined. Your head is so far up your ass that its extremely funny and a little bit disturbing. Your reading comprehension is horrible lmao, hope you don't home school your children. Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

First off I paid taxes just like you at one point so you can kiss my ass. You don't know my situation or what my lawyer or medical doctors instructed me to do. You know nothing. I will pray that you are never in my position. Lmao its funny that you are mad that I get pa and not ssdi? Really? Lol. And fyi, ssdi does not cover all my expenses. Such as, food, rent, utilities, health insurance for both my kids and I so your unintellegnt ass can go suck a d***. Lmao no longer replying to your dumbass so go take care of your 4 kids. You are dismissed now lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao goodbye hun. Tired of explaining myslef. Go live your life, I will live mine. Bye lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So I'm guessing your reading comprehension is lacking so I will repeat it. My company had gotten the short term and long term disability 6 months afterwards. Second, I don't give a fuck what you say when it comes to getting on ssdi. That means I have no hope of recovering but yet I do have faith. And let me know how much your medical bills cost, life saving surgeries and all before you judge how much money I had in my savings. Once again you claim to know nothing and still can't solve my issue but you can solve your own. You are not me and can't tell me how to handle my situation being that you never been in my shoes. To judge someone because of pa is sad and you are sad and I hope your kids grow up knowing its ok to help others. I made my choices but never asked for this and to kick someone when they are already down? And you call yourself a mother but don't want to consider the fact that kids could starve without pa. Its really sad that you seem to think that the world orbits around you and your presious kids. Sorry 4 kids made you so bitter but that does not give you the reason to tell me what I did or didn't do wrong because you are not in my shoes. So you can sit on your high horse for years but I doubt with 4 kids that you will be there long. I could be wrong. But don't put your nose up at me for not following your life rules when I live for myself and my kids. If you don't like paying taxes then quit your fuckin job. You are not the first or last to pay taxes your just the idoit that rather see good families fall or you could be the one on pa yourself and scared to admit. My doctors understand my reasons and they said that I shouldn't give up, unlike you I love working and making a living regaurdless of the tax so yes I want to work again. I am done with this conversation, because you are way to beneath me with your selfish attitude and I'm tired of dumbing down to your level. Good day

You can get SSDI and then go back to work. And again it was YOUR CHOICE to not purchase your own disability. It is offered in your state-you made the choice to not get it.
Oh and SSDI is something YOU paid for-and if you are not expected to recover for at least 12 months-you are eligible for it.
Oh and i am very curious as to why YOU paid your medical bills-your health insurance thru your employer should have covered them.  They will then go after the car insurer.

Sure I will live my life-I only wish you would get your hands out of the taxpayers pocket......and support your own kids by making smart choices-not by making foolish choices and using PA as your back-up.

I thought you didn't get SSDI? Take notes if you are going to lie. First you said some states didn't offer private disability and yet the state you are in does offer it-now you say your SSDI doesn't cover your bills?

Don;t worry I am not stupid enough to be put in your posistion. IF I were hit by a car my insurence would cover me. Ditto for any other illnesses. It's called planning. Nor would I qualify for PA-way too much to have to spend down....

How could you only qualify for 744 of you were making 80K a year?  My ex who was making less than that qualified for more on disability-you get a statment yearly that tells you what you qualify for!

In fact to qualify for SSI you need to have less than 2000 in assets!  House and car excluded....ditto for food stamps.

I thought you were "done" remember? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

If my husband get a job working 3rd shift it could work for us,or if he gets a job making enough for me to be a sahm again. Not to mention my son isn't 6 years old anymore. He is getting a handle on disorders learning how to control it better.
It worked for us at the time because there wasn't any way around me being a sahm. It wasn't a choice. I hated being a sahm but i had to be there for my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Never once had i said it was bad luck. I have a special needs child that why i was a sahm for 7 years. When your dh make $30 hour, it make it possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

well let see. Within that first year, i applied at subway, MCdonalds, beals outlet, walmart, sweetbay, winidixie, a lot of stores, Hospital and sent in resume to every single doctor office in town. ( I am a certified medical assistant) 3 hotel. I got only one interview and 1 job offer and that is the hotel i work at now. I spent every single day except weekend looking in the paper, employflorida website and driving around when i had gas dropping off application. when you were a sahm for 7 years and don't have any work history for 7 years, it makes it kinda hard to find a job. I took the first job offer i got. making minimum wage.

Quoting FL2AK:

So you waited until the last possible second to find a job yourself?

Quoting Anonymous:

2 years ago my husband got laid off from a good paying job. For the first year we lived off of our savings and unemployment. then Jan of 2012 we applied for  PA. WE ran through our savings and his unemployment ran out. In Feb of 2012 i found a job making minimum wage.

He has been looking for work too but the only thing that has came up has been short term out of town, which isn't something we can do with my job.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

Why are you on Public Assistance?

You didn't know that not working for 7 years was going to hurt your future employabality?  Were you disabled and unable to work?  Because you said it was bad luck, and all I see is choices-not luck.....

And it makes this a real possability also....I know a LOT of people with disabled kids who work.  They work nights weekends-whatever it takes to protect their family from what you went thru....

Going back to not knowing everyone situation. With the hours my  husband work, the time he left for work the time he would get home made it impossible to work any other shift other than 1st shift and having a special needs child that was impossible as well. My husband didn't have a job that was 9 to 5 monday thru Friday. He worked weekends, sometimes working 7 days a week, sometimes 14 hours a day.  Not to mention there were plenty of times he had to to travel and would be gone for weeks at a time.

Everyone situation is different. There was a reason we choose for me to be a sahm. It worked for us because there wasn't any way around it. And even though i was a sahm for 7 years, that is irrelvant now because i have a job now, a job that i have had for over a year.

If the end result was you needing PSA-it clearly did NOTm, in retrosepct work for you...and what changed? You say your DH wil go back to work when he gets a job and you will keep yours-so what changed childcare wise?

With all the special training you have in caring for SN kids-perhaps you could do that?  I mean since no one but you could care for him (a sitter not being an option) third shift not being an option-you must have some special skills!  What will you be doing in the summer now that you work and your DH will hopefully be working?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)