Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Just BC someone is on PA doesn't make them less of a person....we all at one point in our lives need or will need some type of help...Even if it comes from PA, Mom,Dad,Friend ect...or we have been that caring person that helped someone we know or don't know...if you gave a homeless person 5 bucks you helped someone you didn't know or care about but something inside you moved you to give...I was once on PA for 6 months and I am and was very grateful for that help....Sometimes its better to be a little less heartless and alot more grateful that you have all you need and or want in life...BC it does not always make you that much of a better person in life just BC you don't or didn't have to be on PA....And I do believe that there is always a way off PA only if you continue to work hard to get off PA...and YES some people just want to stay on PA and there is nothing that some people can do or say to change those peoples minds so in my mind I say why be mad or hateful I have better things in life to focus on! Best to you and your family you will make it and your DH will find a job that will meet your needs!!

hisgirlalways
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The same ones that judge her and try to make her feel bad for it are the same one who seat front row at church. Hypocrites.

Neuro
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:23 AM

You're probably as broke as I am, so maybe I'll ask...

Do you know of an easy and inexpensive way to get rid of blackheads? I have tried the Biore strips and the stupid vibrating thingy with the soapclothe on it and niether worked.

Neuro
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
2 moms liked this

You're right. I'm at peace with PA and I sit in the BACK row. These women need to stay in the front row, maybe they'll absorb some Christlike qualities eventually.

Quoting Anonymous:

The same ones that judge her and try to make her feel bad for it are the same one who seat front row at church. Hypocrites.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I have never received a statement of what I qualify for every year. Didn't know anything until allsup looked it up by calling ss. We are in different states that's my guess. And I keep commenting because you seem to have a crush on me and I don't know how to let you down easy lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not say I was receiving ssdi you idiot. If you look up allsup they help disabled people get on ssi and ssdi. When they called ss and asked them what I qualify for, ss said only 744 a month. And that doesn't cover much but rent. So yes I declined. Your head is so far up your ass that its extremely funny and a little bit disturbing. Your reading comprehension is horrible lmao, hope you don't home school your children. Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

First off I paid taxes just like you at one point so you can kiss my ass. You don't know my situation or what my lawyer or medical doctors instructed me to do. You know nothing. I will pray that you are never in my position. Lmao its funny that you are mad that I get pa and not ssdi? Really? Lol. And fyi, ssdi does not cover all my expenses. Such as, food, rent, utilities, health insurance for both my kids and I so your unintellegnt ass can go suck a d***. Lmao no longer replying to your dumbass so go take care of your 4 kids. You are dismissed now lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao goodbye hun. Tired of explaining myslef. Go live your life, I will live mine. Bye lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So I'm guessing your reading comprehension is lacking so I will repeat it. My company had gotten the short term and long term disability 6 months afterwards. Second, I don't give a fuck what you say when it comes to getting on ssdi. That means I have no hope of recovering but yet I do have faith. And let me know how much your medical bills cost, life saving surgeries and all before you judge how much money I had in my savings. Once again you claim to know nothing and still can't solve my issue but you can solve your own. You are not me and can't tell me how to handle my situation being that you never been in my shoes. To judge someone because of pa is sad and you are sad and I hope your kids grow up knowing its ok to help others. I made my choices but never asked for this and to kick someone when they are already down? And you call yourself a mother but don't want to consider the fact that kids could starve without pa. Its really sad that you seem to think that the world orbits around you and your presious kids. Sorry 4 kids made you so bitter but that does not give you the reason to tell me what I did or didn't do wrong because you are not in my shoes. So you can sit on your high horse for years but I doubt with 4 kids that you will be there long. I could be wrong. But don't put your nose up at me for not following your life rules when I live for myself and my kids. If you don't like paying taxes then quit your fuckin job. You are not the first or last to pay taxes your just the idoit that rather see good families fall or you could be the one on pa yourself and scared to admit. My doctors understand my reasons and they said that I shouldn't give up, unlike you I love working and making a living regaurdless of the tax so yes I want to work again. I am done with this conversation, because you are way to beneath me with your selfish attitude and I'm tired of dumbing down to your level. Good day

You can get SSDI and then go back to work. And again it was YOUR CHOICE to not purchase your own disability. It is offered in your state-you made the choice to not get it.
Oh and SSDI is something YOU paid for-and if you are not expected to recover for at least 12 months-you are eligible for it.
Oh and i am very curious as to why YOU paid your medical bills-your health insurance thru your employer should have covered them.  They will then go after the car insurer.

Sure I will live my life-I only wish you would get your hands out of the taxpayers pocket......and support your own kids by making smart choices-not by making foolish choices and using PA as your back-up.

I thought you didn't get SSDI? Take notes if you are going to lie. First you said some states didn't offer private disability and yet the state you are in does offer it-now you say your SSDI doesn't cover your bills?

Don;t worry I am not stupid enough to be put in your posistion. IF I were hit by a car my insurence would cover me. Ditto for any other illnesses. It's called planning. Nor would I qualify for PA-way too much to have to spend down....

How could you only qualify for 744 of you were making 80K a year?  My ex who was making less than that qualified for more on disability-you get a statment yearly that tells you what you qualify for!

In fact to qualify for SSI you need to have less than 2000 in assets!  House and car excluded....ditto for food stamps.

I thought you were "done" remember? 

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Poor, poor horse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Your point? My DH works 80-100 hours a week.... He works his butt off and ends up paying a ridiculous amount in taxes every week of which a good chunk of ends up going towards feeding people on PA.

I'm glad there is a system in place for people who actually need help, but seriously, can you honestly look around at most people on PA and wonder why it is we get fed up of our taxes going to a hugely flawed system? There is no misunderstanding here. We understand that we work hard for everything we have, we understand that because we work hard we get to pay to feed, clothe and provide housing to a good chunk of people that either refuse to work or do the bare minimum. I don't want to work to pay for the poor choices of someone else. How is it right to reward that situation?

I wish they would either cut it down to a year maximum (except for elderly and disabled) or cut it altogether and redo the program so that it weeds out the mooches, lifers and lazy. It needs to go back to helping elderly, disabled and those in genuine need... Not enabling people to be content to live off the system.

That being said I hope that you and your family get to a point where you won't need the PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am part time but work full time hours. I worked 88 hours in the past 2 weeks. My DH was laid off and that is why we are on PA. He is looking for work. My other replies will explain that. We have 2 children.

Quoting JLS2388:

Do you work full time, does your DH or SO work full time? How many children do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Funny how u judge her for "smooching" t the system when you are "smooching" at yoir husband.
You will be eating your words the day he get tired of judgemental people like you

Quoting Anonymous:

Your point? My DH works 80-100 hours a week.... He works his butt off and ends up paying a ridiculous amount in taxes every week of which a good chunk of ends up going towards feeding people on PA.

I'm glad there is a system in place for people who actually need help, but seriously, can you honestly look around at most people on PA and wonder why it is we get fed up of our taxes going to a hugely flawed system? There is no misunderstanding here. We understand that we work hard for everything we have, we understand that because we work hard we get to pay to feed, clothe and provide housing to a good chunk of people that either refuse to work or do the bare minimum. I don't want to work to pay for the poor choices of someone else. How is it right to reward that situation?

I wish they would either cut it down to a year maximum (except for elderly and disabled) or cut it altogether and redo the program so that it weeds out the mooches, lifers and lazy. It needs to go back to helping elderly, disabled and those in genuine need... Not enabling people to be content to live off the system.

That being said I hope that you and your family get to a point where you won't need the PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am part time but work full time hours. I worked 88 hours in the past 2 weeks. My DH was laid off and that is why we are on PA. He is looking for work. My other replies will explain that. We have 2 children.

Quoting JLS2388:

Do you work full time, does your DH or SO work full time? How many children do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Funny how you call the OP a horse when u are possing like one. Take one to know one i guess.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Poor, poor horse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)