Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (131-136):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

rolling on floor  Lmao.  O M G.  No one is calling her a damn horse.  This is telling her to stop beating the DEAD HORSE!  O M G.  Seriously?  Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny how you call the OP a horse when u are possing like one. Take one to know one i guess.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Poor, poor horse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I don't mind that.  I'm actually described by people who know me as "happy-go-lucky" and "upbeat".  But if it makes you feel better to think that, hey, that's cool!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.. u sound Like an ugly bitter person

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think that people "misunderstand"? 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we just hate a system where taxpayers are forced to give money to people they don't give a shit about? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM
That's where your wrong. I have my own job and my own money, but thanks for coming out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny how u judge her for "smooching" t the system when you are "smooching" at yoir husband.

You will be eating your words the day he get tired of judgemental people like you

Quoting Anonymous:

Your point? My DH works 80-100 hours a week.... He works his butt off and ends up paying a ridiculous amount in taxes every week of which a good chunk of ends up going towards feeding people on PA.

I'm glad there is a system in place for people who actually need help, but seriously, can you honestly look around at most people on PA and wonder why it is we get fed up of our taxes going to a hugely flawed system? There is no misunderstanding here. We understand that we work hard for everything we have, we understand that because we work hard we get to pay to feed, clothe and provide housing to a good chunk of people that either refuse to work or do the bare minimum. I don't want to work to pay for the poor choices of someone else. How is it right to reward that situation?

I wish they would either cut it down to a year maximum (except for elderly and disabled) or cut it altogether and redo the program so that it weeds out the mooches, lifers and lazy. It needs to go back to helping elderly, disabled and those in genuine need... Not enabling people to be content to live off the system.

That being said I hope that you and your family get to a point where you won't need the PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am part time but work full time hours. I worked 88 hours in the past 2 weeks. My DH was laid off and that is why we are on PA. He is looking for work. My other replies will explain that. We have 2 children.

Quoting JLS2388:

Do you work full time, does your DH or SO work full time? How many children do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Say she sells her computer that's maybe $100 and the internet that's what $50 a month and a smart phone sell that that's $100 or do and the bill $50 a month. So okay that's $300 for the one month and then only $100 extra a month. Pretty sure that won't get her off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get rid of the Internet and smart phone you will have money to buy food

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I wouldn't even get $100 for my laptop because it is so old. My wifi is free and my cell phone is $35 a month. I could cut my cell service, only an extra $35 and then there wouldn't any way for the school to get a hold of me. My son is sn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Say she sells her computer that's maybe $100 and the internet that's what $50 a month and a smart phone sell that that's $100 or do and the bill $50 a month. So okay that's $300 for the one month and then only $100 extra a month. Pretty sure that won't get her off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I wouldn't even get $100 for my laptop because it is so old. My wifi is free and my cell phone is $35 a month. I could cut my cell service, only an extra $35 and then there wouldn't any way for the school to get a hold of me. My son is sn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN