Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

What do you think is preventing your dh from getting another job?  Does he have a good education?  A good employment history?

Quoting Anonymous:

we got on PA for the first time when my husband lost his job. a year later we had to apply. that was a year ago. He is looking for a job any job, if he finds one, we will have 2 incomes and will be getting off of PA  even if it is 2 incomes at minimum wage;and in the meantimes i am putting back any extra money i can to save toward getting off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your plan to get off assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

This isn't a brag post. I didn't say what i am getting. the only way i will say is if someone ask me. I also don't brag about what i get with my food stamp.  and for the ones who do brag i don't know why they do it.

and no i don't expect people to be sweet that is why i ignore most of the PA post or i don't reply to them.  I ask them to be nice in this one because i don't want to have to delete this post.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why brag about it?   and do you expect people to be sweet and nice on these boards? 

pennerb538
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Can I slap a stupid hoe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM

But i can speak for myself.

Quoting wkukid:

You can't speak for a whole group...

mom23heathens
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have several. Was your mom on any form of pa? How far did you go in school? Are you married? How long have you been on it and how long do you see yourself remaining on it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM

2 years ago my husband got laid off from a good paying job. For the first year we lived off of our savings and unemployment. then Jan of 2012 we applied for  PA. WE ran through our savings and his unemployment ran out. In Feb of 2012 i found a job making minimum wage.

He has been looking for work too but the only thing that has came up has been short term out of town, which isn't something we can do with my job.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

Why are you on Public Assistance?

areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

i hope you get back on your feet soon. good luck and best wishes to you and yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you think is preventing your dh from getting another job?  Does he have a good education?  A good employment history?

Quoting Anonymous:

we got on PA for the first time when my husband lost his job. a year later we had to apply. that was a year ago. He is looking for a job any job, if he finds one, we will have 2 incomes and will be getting off of PA  even if it is 2 incomes at minimum wage;and in the meantimes i am putting back any extra money i can to save toward getting off of PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is your plan to get off assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

1 year.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you been on it?  And what forms are you receiving?

What types of PA are you receiving?

mama2sqgl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I don't understand why people on this site are freaking obsessed with PA. Its like beating a dead horse already. Even saying you don't want people being mean or rude isn't going to stop anyone. I just don't get it. I'm so sick of these stupid posts. It just makes everyone who is on them look bad and stupid and I know that isn't the case with everyone. Don't we all have anything better to talk about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN