Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

wow she doesn't deserve respect? That's a terribly cruel thing to say and karma has away of coming back and biting you on the butt. You may not need pa but you may need help some day some way and I hope for your sake no one is that cruel to you.

Sorry I don't believe in karma. But thank you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Get rid of the Internet and smart phone you will have money to buy food
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Why do you think that if it wasn't for foodstamps or other forms of pa you wouldn't have to pay taxes? If pa no longer existed you would be mad about something else eating your paycheck. And 21% is not much when it comes to 22k. Its not taken out all at once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am disabled and don't see why its such a big deal if the person or family needs it. I am on it. Yes tax payers pay for it but when it comes out of their check it is no longer theirs. The tax payers can't even tell you how much comes out for that specific program. And it doesn't all go to welfare either but they don't care.

21% of the 22K I paid last year went to medicaid, FS EIC and other forms of PA.  Do you think people are too stupid to be able to figure it out?

And why does it have to come out of our checks?  These programs were created-and have been reformed and changed over the years-in the 70's they got rid of lifetime cash assistance...why does everyone think nothing can ever be changed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

my mom was a single mom raising 3 kids so yea she was on it.

I however, have never been on it until recently. I have been on it for a year. Yes i am married. Hopefully by this time next year we will not be on it.

Quoting mom23heathens:

I have several. Was your mom on any form of pa? How far did you go in school? Are you married? How long have you been on it and how long do you see yourself remaining on it?

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Are you having fun beating the dead, zombie horse? Just curious becuase seriously this topic is getting so old, I'm pretty sure even the trolls are getting tired of it lol.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think that people "misunderstand"? 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we just hate a system where taxpayers are forced to give money to people they don't give a shit about? 

The misundestanding is that we are all lazy and don't work.  That we are leeches and moochers, that we all "LOVE" to be on PA.

I made this post so if anyone want to ask any question i will answer honestly. That is why i am anon, as well.

Yes I agree that taxpayer are force to help people who are on PA that they really don't give a shit about but we don't  ask the taxpayer to  do that, the government does.

Wait...what?!  You don't ask?  A welfare worker just shows up and says, "Hi!  I'm here to feed you!" 

You "ask" everytime you fill out the paperwork, submit information, etc. 

FL2AK
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

So you waited until the last possible second to find a job yourself?

Quoting Anonymous:

2 years ago my husband got laid off from a good paying job. For the first year we lived off of our savings and unemployment. then Jan of 2012 we applied for  PA. WE ran through our savings and his unemployment ran out. In Feb of 2012 i found a job making minimum wage.

He has been looking for work too but the only thing that has came up has been short term out of town, which isn't something we can do with my job.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

Why are you on Public Assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you think that if it wasn't for foodstamps or other forms of pa you wouldn't have to pay taxes? If pa no longer existed you would be mad about something else eating your paycheck. And 21% is not much when it comes to 22k. Its not taken out all at once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am disabled and don't see why its such a big deal if the person or family needs it. I am on it. Yes tax payers pay for it but when it comes out of their check it is no longer theirs. The tax payers can't even tell you how much comes out for that specific program. And it doesn't all go to welfare either but they don't care.

21% of the 22K I paid last year went to medicaid, FS EIC and other forms of PA.  Do you think people are too stupid to be able to figure it out?

And why does it have to come out of our checks?  These programs were created-and have been reformed and changed over the years-in the 70's they got rid of lifetime cash assistance...why does everyone think nothing can ever be changed?

No it is taken out at about $500 a week or so. And if you don't think $4800 is a lot-why then just send it to me. because you see it is money I have to work for. Money my 4 kids could use.  Money I wish I didn't have to send off to the Feds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

2 years ago my husband got laid off from a good paying job. For the first year we lived off of our savings and unemployment. then Jan of 2012 we applied for  PA. WE ran through our savings and his unemployment ran out. In Feb of 2012 i found a job making minimum wage.

He has been looking for work too but the only thing that has came up has been short term out of town, which isn't something we can do with my job.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

Why are you on Public Assistance?

Why did you wait 2 years to look for a job? What happened to the one you had when he got laid off? And how is all of this bad luck?

I didn't wait 2 years to look for a job, i have been working for over a year now. He got laid off in 2011 i think it was.  I wasn't working when he got laid off, I was a sahm when he got laid off , he was making more than enough to support us. I  started looking for a job as soon as he got laid off, it took me a year to find one. I took the first one that came my way.

littlemoments99
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM

You are just an awful person. Why would you say that to someone? Maybe when something happens in your life like someone losing a job or some crisis that's not illness or accident you will stop being so judgemental on people. How awful of you to not even care how they got there if it doesn't meet your requirements of acceptable reasons to have assistance. Get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think that people "misunderstand"? 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we just hate a system where taxpayers are forced to give money to people they don't give a shit about? 

The misundestanding is that we are all lazy and don't work.  That we are leeches and moochers, that we all "LOVE" to be on PA.

I made this post so if anyone want to ask any question i will answer honestly. That is why i am anon, as well.

Yes I agree that taxpayer are force to help people who are on PA that they really don't give a shit about but we don't  ask the taxpayer to  do that, the government does.

In all honesty, I think you are the one who is misunderstanding.  The point is that we don't care how hard you work or don't work, the fact that you collect  at all is our point of contention.  (unless of course you are there because of accident or illness) 

The point you need to understand is that many of us DON'T CARE what got you there.  You are there and until you are not, you do not deserve respect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured