Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on Public Assistance ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you are going to be rude  i will skip by your reply but i will answer any "normal" questions. I am doing this post so maybe some of you can understand why some of us are on PA.

We are not leeches or moochers. I am not lazy, or worthless or anything else that you pa hater want to call those of us who are down on our luck.

Please try to keep this post nice and clean.

THANKS!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

because you give so many shits about all the other people who get money from your taxes.

your taxes probably helped mitt romney buy (yet another) pony, too

Quoting Anonymous:

What makes you think that people "misunderstand"? 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we just hate a system where taxpayers are forced to give money to people they don't give a shit about? 

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Public assistance is assistance...not a total way of life. It is to be used for hard times. I have been on it temporarily and have had no shame about it. I have worked all of my life so YES I have paid for it myself. I could use some help right now but they say I make too much. What irks me is that I could use the HELP right now (I am working by the way) but they say I make too much. But if I wasn't working I could get it. The only shameful thing about PA is when it is being used as a total way of life and unfortunately this is what is going on most of the time...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Your husband worked for 14 years, I beleive you'll are entitiled to some help right now.....I hope you guys land on your feet soon....good luck....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
So I'm guessing your reading comprehension is lacking so I will repeat it. My company had gotten the short term and long term disability 6 months afterwards. Second, I don't give a fuck what you say when it comes to getting on ssdi. That means I have no hope of recovering but yet I do have faith. And let me know how much your medical bills cost, life saving surgeries and all before you judge how much money I had in my savings. Once again you claim to know nothing and still can't solve my issue but you can solve your own. You are not me and can't tell me how to handle my situation being that you never been in my shoes. To judge someone because of pa is sad and you are sad and I hope your kids grow up knowing its ok to help others. I made my choices but never asked for this and to kick someone when they are already down? And you call yourself a mother but don't want to consider the fact that kids could starve without pa. Its really sad that you seem to think that the world orbits around you and your presious kids. Sorry 4 kids made you so bitter but that does not give you the reason to tell me what I did or didn't do wrong because you are not in my shoes. So you can sit on your high horse for years but I doubt with 4 kids that you will be there long. I could be wrong. But don't put your nose up at me for not following your life rules when I live for myself and my kids. If you don't like paying taxes then quit your fuckin job. You are not the first or last to pay taxes your just the idoit that rather see good families fall or you could be the one on pa yourself and scared to admit. My doctors understand my reasons and they said that I shouldn't give up, unlike you I love working and making a living regaurdless of the tax so yes I want to work again. I am done with this conversation, because you are way to beneath me with your selfish attitude and I'm tired of dumbing down to your level. Good day

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

First off I didn't go on pa till all money dried up. Second as I already stated I have faith that I will be able to work again so no I haven't filled for ssdi. Second its easy for you to be a bitch and jugde when you aren't paying all medical bills and therapies before I even got on pa. Thirdly I'm in missouri. And I don't need a bitch as selfish and heartless as you to judge me based on what you were told. I wake up in pain and you don't know my pain. My meds don't work and I refuse to be put in a hospital to control pain when my kids need me. I saved a lot but with medical bills, therapies and surgery it eats it all up in a matter of 6 months. Its the federal debt not your childrens debt lmao, let me know when your kids pay in that trillion dollars you are referring to. Lmao some people will never learn that they spit stupidity and it makes them look stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

your kids won't inherit trillions of dollars in debt if you teach them to be money wise. Lmao and I was able to take care of my own kids, didn't ask for a car to hit me remember? You only care because you are heartless and greedy. Most women on this site are willing to help others and more is being taken out of their check than yours. You don't know everyones situation so your comments are irrelevant but that's for the laughs, my home health aide is here bye lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not back pedaling anything. Did you know that private disablilty isn't offered for every state? My job was more hands on and on your feet, common sense kicks in when you realize you were hit by a car and can barely stand and take care of yourself. And just because I can type for the momment doesn't mean shit, it took me over six months to even get to this point. And I don't know how much was taken out in taxes because I had direct deposit and yes I paid a lot at the end of the year but I don't care if it helps a family in need why because I have a big heart and can't live with the thought of children starving if I didn't pay my share so your point?

Really what state does not allow an individual to purchase disability insurance?    And if you paid a lot at the end of the year-you woul d be required to file quarterly.   I care about where my taxes go. I CARE about my kid inheriting trillions of dollars in debt because  people have kids they can't afford to feed. The welfare system needs serious overhaulling....no sitting at home collecting ANY kind of assistance-minimum hours worked for any kind of assistance-and per Adult.  

That is the Federal debt..which is in part caused by too few people paying into the system and too many taking out.

If you were so damned good with your money how come your 80k a year job didn't allow you to save up enough to live on? 

You never answered what state you are in where you can't purchase private disability insurance.....because while you never asked for a car to hit you, you didn't take care to ensure you would protect your income against this kind of issue.

It is hardly heartless for me to want my money to go to MY children and not some woman who was so foolish as to not protect her own income-or some Mom who doesn't want to work, or any one of the many stories you hear on her of why people want me to feed their kids--with the money that should be going to MY kids.

Besides if you worked-why aren't you getting SSDI? At the earning level of 80K you wouldn't qualify for PA anyhow.

And MY KIDS willhave to pay it back-it becomes the debt of our children and grandchildren if we continue to allow it to grow out of control.

And why the hell wouldn't you use your SSDI which you PAID for. Instead of having the taxpayers support you. Getting SSDI would allow you to use MEDICSARE as well-something else you actually paid for.

How did the "money dry up" if you are so good with money-even I who never coupon could make it at least 10 years before I would need SSDI.

Oh and here

Disability Income Insurance - Missouri

This policy is designed to help protect those who need help covering day-to-day living expenses if they are sick or hurt, under the care of a physician, and unable to work.

Policy Features:

You have the option of choosing a combination of coverages that best meet your needs. Your selection of the options below will help determine the cost of your policy.

• The monthly benefit amount

• The benefit period - the length of time benefits are paid to you

• The elimination period - the length of time you must be disabled before benefits begin

Benefits

This is a summary of what benefits are available to you. For a more detailed understanding, meet with your State Farm agent.

Monthly Benefit Amount

This is the monthly income that you would receive if you became totally disabled.

Missouri sin't a state which doesn't allow private disabilty insurance.

So your excuse now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So I'm guessing your reading comprehension is lacking so I will repeat it. My company had gotten the short term and long term disability 6 months afterwards. Second, I don't give a fuck what you say when it comes to getting on ssdi. That means I have no hope of recovering but yet I do have faith. And let me know how much your medical bills cost, life saving surgeries and all before you judge how much money I had in my savings. Once again you claim to know nothing and still can't solve my issue but you can solve your own. You are not me and can't tell me how to handle my situation being that you never been in my shoes. To judge someone because of pa is sad and you are sad and I hope your kids grow up knowing its ok to help others. I made my choices but never asked for this and to kick someone when they are already down? And you call yourself a mother but don't want to consider the fact that kids could starve without pa. Its really sad that you seem to think that the world orbits around you and your presious kids. Sorry 4 kids made you so bitter but that does not give you the reason to tell me what I did or didn't do wrong because you are not in my shoes. So you can sit on your high horse for years but I doubt with 4 kids that you will be there long. I could be wrong. But don't put your nose up at me for not following your life rules when I live for myself and my kids. If you don't like paying taxes then quit your fuckin job. You are not the first or last to pay taxes your just the idoit that rather see good families fall or you could be the one on pa yourself and scared to admit. My doctors understand my reasons and they said that I shouldn't give up, unlike you I love working and making a living regaurdless of the tax so yes I want to work again. I am done with this conversation, because you are way to beneath me with your selfish attitude and I'm tired of dumbing down to your level. Good day

You can get SSDI and then go back to work. And again it was YOUR CHOICE to not purchase your own disability. It is offered in your state-you made the choice to not get it.
Oh and SSDI is something YOU paid for-and if you are not expected to recover for at least 12 months-you are eligible for it.
Oh and i am very curious as to why YOU paid your medical bills-your health insurance thru your employer should have covered them.  They will then go after the car insurer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

OI have std and LTD and a pension I could already collect on-so don't worry about MY children-I have always taken responsability for them-and even my asshole ex husband pays every dime of his child support.  

TypeAndRun
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

who is paying for your internet?
what kind of cell phone do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Lmao goodbye hun. Tired of explaining myslef. Go live your life, I will live mine. Bye lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You can get SSDI and then go back to work. And again it was YOUR CHOICE to not purchase your own disability. It is offered in your state-you made the choice to not get it.
Oh and SSDI is something YOU paid for-and if you are not expected to recover for at least 12 months-you are eligible for it.
Oh and i am very curious as to why YOU paid your medical bills-your health insurance thru your employer should have covered them.  They will then go after the car insurer.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Good luck to your and your family.  I hope your DH finds something soon.  It's impossible to live anywhere on minimum wage and can understand why you need the help to keep going.   We all have a basic human to have adequate shelter and eat everyday. 

Quoting Anonymous:

2 years ago my husband got laid off from a good paying job. For the first year we lived off of our savings and unemployment. then Jan of 2012 we applied for  PA. WE ran through our savings and his unemployment ran out. In Feb of 2012 i found a job making minimum wage.

He has been looking for work too but the only thing that has came up has been short term out of town, which isn't something we can do with my job.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

Why are you on Public Assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao goodbye hun. Tired of explaining myslef. Go live your life, I will live mine. Bye lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure I will live my life-I only wish you would get your hands out of the taxpayers pocket......and support your own kids by making smart choices-not by making foolish choices and using PA as your back-up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)