Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your teenage son got a girl pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you teach him to support his baby....or teach him to move away and run from responsibilities?

I ask because in another post two women were talking about moving their sons out of the state and changing their names if their teenage son got someone pregnant. I was just wondering how many women think like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

You dont think your grandchild deserves a father?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be moving him out of state, changing his name. None of my sons will be strapped with a leaching baby. So glad I will never have pregnant daughters.

TinaNicu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I would encourage him to not only financially support the child, but also be involved in his life like a father should.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
So easy moms to say "I'd make him support his child" that's easier said than done. You can't make a boy or a man for that matter, want to be a part of his child's life. You can't force visitation of his child.
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
He would be taking care of that baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
He would be a man, get a job, and take care of and be a parent to his child. OR, if he chose not to, he would get his ass beat by me and be looking for another place to live. I will NOT support a deadbeat. He could return if and when he maned up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I would encourage him to take financial responsibility, at the least.
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be moving him out of state, changing his name. None of my sons will be strapped with a leaching baby. So glad I will never have pregnant daughters.

I am hoping this is a troll statement. It is also illegal to change a name in order to get out of paying child support, which belongs to the child and is their legal right. Abandonment is also both a crime and a civil action. Changing the name as a way to avoid a legal action is fraud.

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Well my sons are 4 years & 5 months, so we've got awhile until this could be a legitimate concern, but I know DH & I would expect him to step it up. I would support whatever decision my son and the girl he impregnated made. If they chose to parent, I would probably let them stay with me. I would want to know my granchild was being well cared for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meangreen18
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would cut his dick off! haha but seriously I would want him to be responsible for raising his child. I would help in any way that I could to make sure he finished school and kept a job. I agree with him not having to marry her or even stay with her as long as his child was cared for.
MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
7 moms liked this

I must say that if a women have the right to have an abortion without the biological fathers consent or have the child withot the fathers knowledge, then men/boys should be able to decline fatherhood as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN