Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH thinks it's time we have the "talk" with our DS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Meaning he thinks it's time we tell our 6yr old DS he's not biolagically his. I'm scared, sad, and depressed about this. I don't want to do this yet! I always envisioned this happening infront of a counselor who can help us. I personally think DS is way too young but DH says "he's a smart boy". DS hasn't asked any questions yet as to why his last name is different than everyone else's or anything that might indicate that he might know. Have you ever gone through this? Any tips or advice you might give me?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM
BUMP!
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM

my mom had a talk with me around that age and it helped me tremendously throughout my life. it's best to tell them at a young age so it can stick with them better growing up and they know what to look out for

StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM
In my opinion, it's better to tell him now than wait 20 years and upset him, or worse, have it backfire in some way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM
No advice here, but I agree that he may be too to young to fully understand it right now. Maybe wait another year or two, I would anyway. Why is dh in such a hurry to tell him anyway?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)