Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH doesn't like me being a stripper.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Before we got married and had kids I was a stripper then I became a bar tender. Well dh lost his job so I decided to go back to stripping. It makes a lot more money than bar tending and I'm home more often. Dh wants me to quit. He hates the idea of me being a stripper.

I see his point but can he say much? He's bring in ZERO income. At least I'm doing something that provides for us. Since I work nights and mostly weekends, I'm home all day with the kids while he can go out to his job interviews and apply at other places. It works out well imo. 

He really wants me to quit though. What would you do in this situation?

oh and before anyone gets their panties in a knot, I'm in school to become a nurse so I won't be stripping or being a bar tender forever :)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

bump

milfanyway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think of it bothers him that much he will get a job so you can quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time right now. If I was in your position, I would continue to dance. You have to support your kids and he isn't bringing any income in. Did you talk to him about it before you started dancing again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting milfanyway:

I think of it bothers him that much he will get a job so you can quit.

He's trying to get a job but I still feel like being a stripper is the best option until he actually gets one and starts making money again.

banana-bear
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM
No shit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Duh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Tell him when he gets a job, you will quit. You can't leave your family high and dry because he doesn't like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time right now. If I was in your position, I would continue to dance. You have to support your kids and he isn't bringing any income in. Did you talk to him about it before you started dancing again?

Kind of. I was talking to my boss about our situation just as conversation and she said I should just go back to dancing. I told her it was a good idea and I would. I didn't think dh would care that much so I told him when I got home. He didn't have much of an opinion on it at first until a few nights after I started again.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

If it bothered him that much, he should get a job. Until he can help support his family, he should STFU. 

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Tell him that as soon as he finds a job, you'll quit. Compromise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)